Cabinet of Jamaica
|This article is part of the series:
Politics and government of
The Cabinet of the Government of Jamaica is the ultimate decision-making body of the executive within the Westminster system of government in traditional constitutional theory. The Cabinet of Jamaica is the principal instrument of government policy. It consists of the Prime Minister, and a minimum of thirteen other Ministers of Government, who must be members of one of the two Houses of Parliament. However, not more than four members of the Cabinet may be members of the Senate. The Minister of Finance must be an elected member of the House of Representatives. The Cabinet of Jamaica is currently composed of The People's National Party members because the party won the 2011 General elections.
Ministers and ministries 
- The Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller, MP - Prime Minister and Minister of Defence, Development, Information and Sports
- The Hon. Dr. Peter Phillips, MP - Finance, Planning & the Public Service
- The Hon. Dr. Wykeham McNeill, MP - Tourism & Entertainment
- The Hon. Sen. Arnold Nicholson, Q.C - Foreign Affairs & Foreign Trade
- The Hon. Mr. Peter Bunting, MP - National Security
- The Hon. Rev. Ronald Thwaites, MP - Education
- The Hon. Ms Lisa Hanna, MP - Youth and Culture
- The Hon. Mr. Robert Pickersgill, MP - Water, Land, Environment & Climate Change
- The Hon. Dr. Fenton Ferguson, MP - Health
- The Hon. Mr. Anthony Hylton, MP - Industry, Investment & Commerce
- The Hon. Sen. Mark Golding - Justice
- The Hon. Mr. Derrick Kellier, MP - Labour and Social Security
- The Hon. Mr. Noel Arscott, MP - Local Government & Community Development
- The Hon. Dr. Omar Davies, MP - Transport, Works & Housing
- The Hon. Mr. Phillip Paulwell, MP - Mining, Energy & ICT
- The Hon. Mr. Roger Clark, MP - Agriculture & Fisheries
Ministers without portfolio 
- The Hon. Dr. Morais Guy, MP - Transport, Works & Housing (Housing)
- The Hon. Sen. Sandrea Falconer - Office of the Prime Minister (Information)
- The Hon. Mr. Horace Dalley, MP - Finance, Planning & Public Service (Public Service)
- The Hon. Mrs. Natalie Neita-Headley, MP - Office of the Prime Minister (Sports)
Eight Junior Ministers (Ministers of State) have been appointed but are not a part of the Cabinet although they will help in the Operations of their various sectors.
- "Journey begins - Portia sworn in - Lead Stories - Jamaica Gleaner - Friday | January 6, 2012". Jamaica Gleaner. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- "Portia selects 20-member Cabinet - News - Latest News". Jamaica Gleaner. Retrieved 2012-01-07.