Cable 8 Productions
|Slogan||Not Your Basic Cable|
|Channels||Analog: 8 (Cable)
|Owner||Washington State University|
Cable 8 Productions is run entirely by the students involved. With their faculty adviser(s), the organization is modeled after a working TV station. With general crew members and on-air hosts; an executive board consisting of the President/General Manager, Vice President of Television, Vice President of Special Projects, Vice-President of Marketing Communication & Alumni Affairs and Chief Financial Officer; and a staff responsible for the day to day operation of the station. All of these positions are held by WSU students and provide them with real-world experience, which will be invaluable when entering the job market.
To equip Washington State University students with practical television production and management experience by creating, producing, and airing shows on a local cable station serving WSU and the Pullman community.
Cable 8 Productions has served the students of Washington State University since 1986. Founded by Professor W. Neal Robison, Cable 8 was created to give students hand-on experience creating, producing, directing, promoting and crewing TV shows while attending The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication.
Cable 8 went on air with three original shows: Live at 8, Video Underground, and a movie review show. Quickly becoming popular with the student population, Live at 8 won numerous national broadcasting awards and even had a guest appearance from actor Rob Schneider.
Over the years, Cable 8 has grown considerably in its facilities, responsibilities, and general programming.
Currently Cable 8 broadcasts on campus and in the community of Pullman, Washington between 7pm and 11pm, 7 days a week. Programming currently consists of shows ranging from political discussion to the latest music videos, as well as a 15 minute newscast. For a complete schedule visit http://www.cable8.org
Current and past general managers
- Craig Newcomb (2001 - 2002)
- Nick Allard (2002 - 2003)
- Adam Stiles (2003 - 2004)
- Brandon Ramsey (2004 - 2005)
- Steven Thorpe (2005 - 2006)
- Monique Dugaw (2006 - 2007)
- Dan Johnson (2007 - 2008)
- Kanale Rhoden (2008 - 2009)
- Sammy Johnson (2009 - 2010)
- Adam Wallberg (2010 - 2011)
- David Johnson (2011 - 2012)
- Spencer Kabelac (2012 - 2013)
- Herman Meier (2013 - Present)
- Cable 8 Productions Official Site
- Cable 8 Productions online
- The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication
- Washington State University
- Comedy website produced by Cable 8 Alumni
- Cable 8 alumni original web series, "Sam Has 7 Friends"
- Cable 8 Alumni - Big Fantastic
- Cable 8 alumni comedy web series, "Casanovas"