Cactus Shadows High School
|Cactus Shadows High School|
|5802 E. Dove Valley Rd.
Scottsdale, Arizona, 85262
|School type||Public high school|
|Motto||"Turn Up or Transfer"|
|School district||Cave Creek USD|
|Principal||Steven C. Bebee|
|Enrollment||1,731 (October 1, 2012)|
|Website||Cactus Shadows High School|
In 1974 the first committee met in Cave Creek to form a high school. In the fall of 1982, the doors opened to the first campus located at 60th Street with grades 7-9. (This campus is currently Black Mountain Elementary School.) The first graduating class was in 1986. In January 1995, Cactus Shadows High School opened in its current location at 5802 E. Dove Valley Rd. In the summer of 1999, the second phase of building the campus was completed. In 2006 six classrooms were occupied at the former Black Mountain Elementary School, now called Cactus Shadows East Campus. The district is building 38,000 new square feet of classroom space at Cactus Shadows and an expanded cafeteria, as well as repainting the school and upgrading its numerous systems. Famous people attending this high school include Andrea.
- AIA 2012 enrollment figures
- "About CSHS - History". Ccusd93.org. 2010-03-29. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Beth, Mary (2011-02-16). "Cave Creek schools to receive energy upgrades". Azcentral.com. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Beth, Mary (2010-10-30). "Cave Creek district renovation projects to begin in March". Azcentral.com. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "Cactus Shadows Department Page." CCUSD 93. Web. 0ct. 20, 2009.