|Manufacturer||Saab Automobile and Avtotor|
2009–2010 in Russia
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact executive car|
|Body style||4-door sedan
4-door station wagon
|Layout||Transverse front-engine, front-wheel drive|
|Platform||GM Epsilon platform|
|Engine||1.9 L Fiat turbodiesel I4
2.0 L turbocharged Ecotec LK9 I4
2.8 L HFV6 V6
|Wheelbase||2,680 mm (105.5 in)|
|Length||4,680 mm (184.3 in)
4,716 mm (185.7 in) (Wagon)
|Width||1,750 mm (68.9 in)
1,752 mm (69.0 in) (Wagon)
|Height||1,470 mm (57.9 in)
1,543 mm (60.7 in) (Wagon)
The Cadillac BLS was a compact executive car marketed in Europe by Cadillac, a division of General Motors. Based on GM's Epsilon architecture, the BLS was a heavily restyled version of the Saab 9-3. The development was done by Saab and the car cost more than one billion kronor (approximately $140 million) to design. It was manufactured in Trollhättan, Sweden, alongside the Saab 9-3 and the Saab 9-5. Sales of the sedan began in March 2006, with a station wagon joining the line for 2007. The BLS was introduced to the Arabian, Mexican, South African, and South Korean markets for the 2007 model year.
The BLS was not successful; in 2007, Cadillac produced 2,772 cars at the Trollhättan factory, with 282 sold in Germany, a market with total annual sales of 3.15 million. Production figures for 2007 were down from 3,257 in 2006. Production of the BLS ceased in 2009 as a result of the poor sales.
The BLS was available with a diesel engine (a 1.9 L turbocharged four-cylinder) and two petrol engines (a 2.8 L turbocharged V6 and a 2.0 L available with two power levels).
At 184.3 in (4,681 mm) in overall length, the BLS was almost six inches shorter than the CTS, the smallest Cadillac available in North America.
- 1.9 L Fiat turbodiesel I4 16v, 150 hp (110 kW)
- 1.9 L Fiat turbodiesel I4 16v, 180 hp (132 kW) (2007-)
- 2.0 L Ecotec LK9 I4, mid-pressure turbo, 175 hp (129 kW)
- 2.0 L Ecotec LK9 I4, high-pressure turbo, 210 hp (154 kW)
- 2.0 T FlexPower 200 hp (147 kW)
- 2.8 L HFV6 V6, turbo, 250 hp (184 kW)
- "Группа компаний Автотор :: Автомобили GM". Avtotor.ru. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- Automobil Revue, catalog 2008, p. 47
- auto motor und sport, #3/2008, p.13
- Lienert, Anita (2009-08-18). "It's the End of the Line for the Cadillac BLS in Europe". Edmunds Inside Line. Edmunds Inc. Archived from the original on 2009-08-21. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cadillac BLS.|
- Parker's BLS Review
- WhatCar.Com BLS Review
- Car and Driver Article on BLS Debut
- Auto Express Review BLS 2.0T
|« previous — Cadillac vehicle timeline, 1980s–present|
|Full-size||de Ville||de Ville||de Ville||de Ville||DTS||XTS|
|Limousine||Fleetwood Limousine||Series 75|
|Escalade ESV||Escalade ESV|
|Escalade EXT||Escalade EXT|