Café Coffee Day
||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Retail coffee and tea
|Headquarters||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Number of locations||1438|
|Key people||V. G. Siddhartha, Founder and Director|
|Subsidiaries||Coffee Day Fresh ‘n Ground
Coffee Day Xpress
Coffee Day Take Away
Coffee Day Exports
Coffee Day Perfect
Café Coffee Day is a division of India's largest coffee conglomerate, Amalgamated Bean Coffee Trading Company Ltd. (ABCTCL). ABCTCL grows coffee in its own estates of 10,000 acres (4047 ha). The land value of the plantations is US$250–300 million. It is the largest producer of Arabica beans in Asia. Apart from this, the group also sources coffee from 11,000 small growers. ABCTCL is one of India’s leading coffee exporters with clients across USA, Europe and Japan.
The first Café Coffee Day logo was a bright red cube with a green stroke above ‘e’ in ‘Café Coffee Day’. The word ‘Café’ was made to appear dominant to indicate Café Coffee Day’s introduction of ‘Coffee culture’ in India. The font used for ‘Café’ is called SLURRY – the font looks as though the letters have congealed or coagulated out of liquid. The current logo includes a dialogue box which highlights the connection between 'coffee' and 'conversations.' This logo also reflects their current tag line, "A lot can happen over coffee."
The logo of CCD has been changed recently, in line with the increased competition and also for the proper conveying of the message that Café Coffee Day desires to tell to its customer. The famous Café Coffee Day squared logo has got a fresh new avatar – a ‘Dialogue Box’ - with the words Café Coffee Day written in a distinct, specially created font. The new trendy ‘dialogue’ logo symbolizes the essence of what a Café Coffee Day café is really all about – a perfect place to ‘relax and dialogue.’
The first CCD outlet was set up on July 11, 1996, at Brigade Road, Bangalore, Karnataka. Following this, CCD opened over 1000 cafés throughout the nation by 2011. As of May 2013, there are 1438 outlets across 28 states of India. A ‘meter’ on their official website (Cafecoffeeday.com) keeps continuous track of the number of CCD outlets.
A cup of coffee is sold for Rs 50 onwards.
Cafe Coffee Day has also started its outlets in Karachi, Vienna, Dubai and Prague.
Café Coffee day, in June 2010, acquired Café Emporio, a café chain from the Czech Republic. Cafe Emporio has 11 cafés in Czech Republic - 7 of them in Prague and 1 each in Brno and Olomouc and 2 at Freeport-Hate. Café Emporio runs on 2 formats similar to CCD’s regular cafés and Lounge & Square set ups. The regular cafes are pure play cafés serving hot and cold beverages and ready to eat snacks while the lounges and squares come with a broader menu and elegant layouts.
Cafe Coffee Day's divisions include:
- Coffee Day Fresh 'n' Ground, which owns 450 coffee bean and powder retail outlets.
- Coffee Day Square, a high level coffee bar in Bangalore.
- Coffee Day Xpress, which runs 900 plus Coffee Day kiosks.
- Coffee Day Beverages, which runs over 14,000 vending machines.
- Coffee Day Exports, its exporting wing.
- Coffee Day Perfect, its fast-moving consumer goods packaged coffee division.
- Coffee Day B2C Plant, Coffee vending machine manufacturing in India.
Cafe Coffee day has won several awards and recognitions. It was named "most popular hangout joint amongst youth" at the 3rd Global Youth Marketing Forum in 2011. The Indian Hospitality Excellence Awards also named it "India's most popular coffee joint" in 2011.
- "From bean to the cuppa that you enjoy!". Official website of Cafe Coffee day. Cafe Coffee day. Retrieved 2008-03-06.
- Forbes India Magazine - V.G. Siddhartha is Branching Out
- Competition in the coffee retailing sector steps up - Business Today
- Official website of Cafe Coffee Day
- A lot can happen over coffee | Cafe Coffee Day