Café Coffee Day
|Headquarters||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Number of locations||1534|
|Key people||V. G. Siddhartha, Founder and Director|
|Subsidiaries||Coffee Day Fresh ‘n Ground
Coffee Day Xpress
Coffee Day Take Away
Coffee Day Exports
Coffee Day Perfect
Café Coffee Day (abbreviated as CCD) is an Indian café chain owned by Amalgamated Bean Coffee Trading Company.
Amalgamated bean coffee trading company (ABCTC) is a Chikmagalur based company which grows coffee in its own estates of 12,000 acres (4249 hectares). It is the largest producer of arabica beans in Asia exporting to various countries including USA, Europe and Japan.
Café Coffee Day was started as a retail restaurant arm of ABCTC in 1996. The first CCD outlet was set up on July 11, 1996, at Brigade Road, Bangalore, Karnataka. It rapidly expanded across various cities in India adding more stores with more than 1000 cafés open across the nation by 2011. The logo was recently modified in response to increased competition.
As of December 2013, there are 1534 outlets across 28 states of India. Cafe Coffee Day has also recently expanded outside India with its outlets in Karachi, Vienna, Dubai and Prague.
In June 2010, CCD acquired Café Emporio, a café chain from the Czech Republic. Cafe Emporio has 11 cafés in Czech Republic. While 7 of them are in Prague, 1 is in Brno and Olomouc and 2 are at Freeport-Hate.
Cafe Coffee Day's divisions include:
- Coffee Day Fresh 'n' Ground, which owns 450 coffee bean and powder retail outlets
- Coffee Day Square, a high level coffee bar in Bangalore
- Coffee Day Xpress, which runs 900 plus Coffee Day kiosks
- Coffee Day Beverages, which runs over 14,000 vending machines
- Coffee Day Exports, its exporting wing
- Coffee Day Perfect, its fast-moving consumer goods packaged coffee division
- Coffee Day B2C Plant, Coffee vending machine manufacturing division
Cafe Coffee day was named "most popular hangout joint amongst youth" at the 3rd Global Youth Marketing Forum in 2011. The Indian Hospitality Excellence Awards also named it "India's most popular coffee joint" in 2011.
- "From bean to the cuppa that you enjoy!". Official website of Cafe Coffee day. Cafe Coffee day. Retrieved 2008-03-06.
- Forbes India Magazine - V.G. Siddhartha is Branching Out
- Official website of Cafe Coffee Day
- Competition in the coffee retailing sector steps up - Business Today
- A lot can happen over coffee | Cafe Coffee Day