|Born||Caitlynne Elizabeth Medrek
November 19, 1989
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
|Occupation||Actress, voice artist|
Caitlynne Elizabeth Medrek (born November 19, 1989) is a Canadian actress and voice artist. A Canadian College of Performing Arts alumna, Medrek began performing in community theatre at a young age, later winning competitions in musical theatre. Probably best known for her roles as Mikoto in My-HiME, Miu Matsuoka in Strawberry Marshmallow, Pan in Dragon Ball GT, and Dawn in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island. The mediums in which she works span radio, voice, theatre and film.
Born November 19, 1989, in Calgary, Alberta, Medrek started performing aged 8, doing community theatre with the StoryBook Theatre company. She kept up dance skills in a variety of styles including Ukrainian Dance and competed at various festivals throughout the province in solo, duet and trio events. She was a member of the Young Canadians of the Calgary Stampede, at age 15 competing in Calgary's "Youth Talent Showdown" competition at the Calgary Stampede where she won 2nd runner-up. That same year she placed first at the Kiwanis Music Festival and went on to win first place in Provincials for Musical Theatre in Edmonton.
In 2006, she was cast as Amber in the Rod Lurie-directed film Resurrecting the Champ (her scenes were deleted, however). Medrek has voiced characters in a variety of anime works, often with the Calgary-based Blue Water Studios and Ocean Productions. In Summer 2007, she was a member of the Charlottetown Festival Young Company Training Program and a cast member of Alberta Fusion. She graduated in April 2008 from the Canadian College of Performing Arts (CCPA), where she received the Arnold Spohr Scholarship.
On leaving college, she contracted with Oh Canada Eh? dinner theater in Canmore, Alberta, where she performed nightly as Rose Marie. Around this time she decided to move to Toronto, Ontario, which has a large theatre scene.
In December 2008, she was seen in Saskatoon-based Persephone Theatre's A Christmas Carol as 'Want'. She spent July 2009 performing with Globus Theatre, in Bobcaygeon, Ontario, playing the lead in Neil Simon's I Ought To Be in Pictures, later that year appearing in the title role in Toronto's debut of the New York City-born off-Broadway show Pinkalicious, the Musical.
In January 2010, she starred as 'Anne Frank' in The Diary of Anne Frank, with Encore Entertainment at the Toronto Centre for the Arts and completed the run of "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" as "Logainne Schwarzy" with Fallen Rock Productions, in the spring. In the summer she went on to play Charlie Brown's sister, Sally, in Fly By Night's production of "Dog Sees God" at the LKYPT as well as joining the ensemble cast of Toronto's debut of The Fallen (previously known as "Whitechapel"), during August. While maintaining her theatre career, Medrek has been cast as a regular in the animated television series Total Drama: Revenge of the Island as a contestant named Dawn, broadcast on Fresh TV and Teletoon, as a guest in the animated television series Skatoony and in the highly acclaimed web series, Out With Dad and Clutch, Season 2. In 2013 she starred in Blood Riders: the Devil Rides with Us which premiered at the Blood in the Snow Film Festival in Toronto, Ontario.
In 2013, Caitlynne was nominated for "Best Breakout Performance" for her role as "Claire" in Out with Dad by the Independent Soap Awards in New York City and went on to bring home the Award. In 2014, she was nominated for "Best Supporting Actress", again for her role as "Claire" in Out with Dad by the Indie Series Awards held in Los Angeles and the L.A. Webfest, where she went on to win Best Supporting Actress at the L.A. Webfest. Caitlynne has recently been cast in the animated children's television series Arthur (TV Series) and she currently resides in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and is represented by The Talent House.
- Strawberry Marshmallow – Miu Matsuoka
- D.I.C.E. – Puffy Angel
- Doki Doki School Hours – Chinatsu Nakayama; Soccer Ball
- My-HiME – Mikoto Minagi
- My-Otome – Mikoto the Cat Goddess
- Flame of Recca – Ganko Morikawa/Primela; Young Fuuko
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam – Qum; Cheimin Noah
- Dragon Ball GT – Pan (Canadian dub); Young Guide
- Tomato Twins – Ti Ann
- Bibi Blocksberg – Theme song Vocal
- Arthur (TV Series)
- Mega Man X: Command Mission – Cinnamon Gaudille
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam – Elpeo Puru
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 – Elpeo Puru
- Conversations with my Neighbour's Pitbull – Ellen
- Discovery Financial – Teen Girl
Film and television roles
- Resurrecting the Champ – Amber, the babysitter (deleted scenes)
- Iota – Child Narrator, Lead
- Second Coming in the 2nd Grade – Christina
- Total Drama: Revenge of the Island - Dawn
- Out With Dad - Claire Daniels
- Clutch (web series) - Lex
- Skatoony - Dawn
- Blood Riders: the Devil Rides with Us
Professional Theater roles
- Sound of Music – Stage West – Marta Von Trapp
- A Christmas Carol – Theatre Calgary – Mary Cratchit
- Picking Up Chekhov – Alberta Theatre Projects – The Kid
- Oklahoma! – Front Row Centre – Ado Annie
- Alberta Fusion – The Confederation Centre's Young Company/Charlottetown Festival
- Oh Canada Eh! Dinner Theatre – Oh Canada Eh! – Rose Marie/ Featured Singer Dancer
- A Christmas Carol – Persephone Theatre – Want
- I Ought to Be in Pictures – Globus Theatre – Libby Tucker
- Pinkalicious, the Musical – Vital Theatre Company – Pinkalicious
- The Diary of Anne Frank – Encore Entertainment – Anne Frank
- "Caitlynne Medrek". The New York Times.
- Hobson, Louis B. (October 4, 2009). "Calgarian goes pink in T.O.". Calgary Sun: p. E17.
- Dever, Lisa (July 10, 2009). "Village to host art festival". The Lindsay Post: p. A9.
- "Simon play at Globus" (July 9, 2009). Peterborough Examiner: p. C2.
- Cast Bios of Out With Dad