Lotz at the 2nd Annual Dancing for NED on May 3, 2014
|Born||Caity Marie Lotz
30 December 1986
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, dancer, singer, model|
Caity Marie Lotz (born December 30, 1986) is an American actress, dancer, singer, and model. She is known for her roles as Officer Kirsten Landry in the MTV mockumentary series Death Valley (2011), as Annie in the horror film The Pact (2012) and as Sara Lance/The Canary in The CW's series Arrow (2013–14).
Lotz started her career as a dancer, touring with Avril Lavigne and Lady Gaga, starring in music videos including Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" and "LoveGame", David Guetta and Estelle's "One Love", Selena Gomez's "Tell Me Something I Don't Know", Faith Evans' "Mesmerized", T-Pain's "Freeze", JoJo's "Baby It's You", and Cascada's "Evacuate the Dancefloor". She has also appeared in adverts for Reebok, Jack in the Box, and T-Mobile, danced in the web series The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, toured with the hip hop theatre production Groovaloo, and stunt-doubled in films including Step Up 3D. Lotz is also a martial artist, with some training in Taekwondo, Wushu and Muay Thai. She is also a practitioner of Parkour and Tricking.
In 2005, Lotz joined the girl group Soccx. In 2006, the group released their début single From Dusk Till Dawn (Get The Party Started), which was followed up in 2007 by the single Scream Out Loud, both of which reached the top 10 in Germany. Their début album, Hold On, was also released in 2007 and their third single, Can’t Take My Eyes Off You, was released in 2008.
Lotz began her acting career in 2006 with a small role in the cheerleading film Bring It On: All or Nothing. She followed that up in 2010 with a part in the third episode of Law & Order: LA and a recurring role in the fourth season of the AMC drama Mad Men as Stephanie, Anna Draper's niece.
In 2012, Lotz had roles in Live at the Foxes Den, Battle of the Year: The Dream Team alongside Josh Holloway and alongside Casper Van Dien and Agnes Bruckner in the supernatural thriller The Pact, which débuted at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival and has been picked up for distribution. Lotz also appears in season 2 of Arrow as Sara Lance (originally portrayed by Jacqueline MacInnes Wood in the pilot), who was declared dead in the first season and now comes back to the series as a superhero based from the DC Universe named Black Canary. She also has the lead role in the science fiction film The Machine, which had its UK release on March 21, 2014 and had its US release on April 25, 2014. In May 2014, she reprised her role as Stephanie in the seventh season of Mad Men.
|2006||Bring It On: All or Nothing||Pacific Vista cheerleader|
|2012||Pact, TheThe Pact||Annie Barlow|
|2012||Cold & Ugly||Tanya Pavelovna||Short film|
|2013||Machine, TheThe Machine||Ava/The Machine||Toronto After Dark Film Festival Award for Best Actress
Nominated – British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer
|2013||Battle of the Year||Stacy|
|2013||Out of the Blue||Dominique||Short film|
|2013||Live at the Foxes Den||Susan Hudson|
|2014||Pact 2, TheThe Pact 2||Annie Barlow|
|2014||Missed Call||Kirsten||Short film|
|2010–14||Mad Men||Stephanie||4 episodes|
|2010||Law & Order: LA||Amy Reynolds||Episode: "Harbor City"|
|2011||Death Valley||Officer Kirsten Landry||11 episodes|
|2012||NTSF:SD:SUV::||Mary||Episode: "Lights, Camera, Assassination"|
|2013–14||Arrow||Sara Lance/The Canary||27 episodes|
|2014||Stalker||Melissa Barnes||Episode: "Love Is a Battlefield"|
|2013||Burning Love||Hathwell's date||Episode: "Burn Baby Burn"|
- "Caity Lotz: There were a few spooky moments on the set of The Pact". The Metro. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Caity Lotz". MTV. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Caity Lotz talks Dance, Traveling Back in Time for Mad Men". Gender Across Borders. 12 November 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Exclusive Interview: Kick Ass Caity Lotz From MTV’s DEATH VALLEY Talks About Zombies, Parcour and Twilight’s Jackson Rathbone". Daemon's TV. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "That's What She Said: Caity Lotz". Men's Health. 11 October 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Esquire Presents Me in My Place with Caity Lotz". Esquire. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Josh Holloway, Laz Alonso and Chris Brown Lead 'Planet B Boy' Cast". The Hollywood Reporter. 26 October 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Exclusive: 'Death Valley' Star Caity Lotz on Her Sundance Film 'The Pact'". Fearnet. 30 December 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "THE PACT". Sundance Film Festival. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Sundance 2012: Caity Lotz -- extremely hot, and incredibly badass -- saves 'The Pact'". Entertainment Weekly. 26 January 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- Abrams, Natalie (July 19, 2013). "Exclusive: Arrow Boss Sets the Record Straight on Black Canary Casting". TVGuide.com.
- Prudom, Laura (July 30, 2013). "Black Canary On 'Arrow': CW President Mark Pedowitz Shares More On The Superhero's Origin Story". Huffington Post. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- William Bibbiani (16 April 2014). "The Machine: Caity Lotz on Robot Acting and Arrow". Crave Online.
- Ohad Amram (15 November 2013). "Watch: Caity Lotz Makes For One Dangerous 'Machine' in Trailer for New Thriller". Indie Wire. Retrieved 6 May 2014.