|Born||Caity Marie Lotz
30 December 1986
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, dancer, singer, model|
Caity Marie Lotz (born December 30, 1986) is an American actress, dancer, singer and model best known for her roles as Officer Kirsten Landry in the MTV mockumentary television series Death Valley (2011), as Annie in the horror film The Pact (2012) and as Sara Lance/Black Canary in The CW television series Arrow (2013–present).
Lotz started her career as a dancer, touring with Avril Lavigne and Lady Gaga, starring in music videos including Lady Gaga's Paparazzi and LoveGame, David Guetta and Estelle's One Love, Selena Gomez's Tell Me Something I Don't Know, Faith Evans' Mesmerized, T-Pain's Freeze, JoJo's Baby It's You and Cascada's Evacuate the Dancefloor. She has also appeared in adverts for Reebok, Jack in the Box and T-Mobile, danced in the web series The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, toured with the hip hop theatre production Groovaloo and stunt-doubled on films including Step Up 3D. Lotz is also a martial artist, with some training in Taekwondo, Wushu and Muay Thai. She is also a practitioner of Parkour and Tricking.
In 2005, Lotz joined the girl group Soccx. In 2006, the group released their début single From Dusk Till Dawn (Get The Party Started), which was followed up in 2007 by the single Scream Out Loud, both of which reached the top 10 in Germany. Their début album, Hold On, was also released in 2007 and their third single, Can’t Take My Eyes Off You, was released in 2008.
Lotz began her acting career in 2006 with a small role in the cheerleading film Bring It On: All or Nothing. She followed that up in 2010 with a part in the third episode of Law & Order: LA and a recurring role in the fourth season of the AMC drama Mad Men as Stephanie, Anna Draper's niece.
Lotz has upcoming roles in Live at the Foxes Den, Battle of the Year: The Dream Team alongside Josh Holloway and alongside Casper Van Dien and Agnes Bruckner in the supernatural thriller The Pact, which débuted at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival and has been picked up for distribution. Lotz also appears in season 2 of Arrow as Sara Lance, who was declared dead in the first season and now comes back to the series as a superhero from the DC-Comic Universe named Black Canary. She also has the titular role in the new movie the Machine, which has been released in the UK this year, but with no US release date announced to date.
|2006||Bring It On: All or Nothing||Pacific Vista Cheerleader|
|2010||Law & Order: LA||Amy Reynolds||1 episode|
|2010||Mad Men||Stephanie||3 episodes|
|2011||Death Valley||Officer Kirsten Landry||11 episodes|
|2012||The Pact||Annie Barlow|
|2012||Cold and Ugly||Tanya Pavelovna||Short film|
|2013||Burning Love||Hathwell's Date||Web series, 1 episode|
|2013||Battle of the Year||Stacy|
|2013–present||Arrow||Sara Lance/Black Canary||Recurring|
|2013||Live at the Foxes Den||Susan Hudson|
- "Caity Lotz: There were a few spooky moments on the set of The Pact". The Metro. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Caity Lotz". MTV. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Caity Lotz talks Dance, Traveling Back in Time for Mad Men". Gender Across Borders. 12 November 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Exclusive Interview: Kick Ass Caity Lotz From MTV’s DEATH VALLEY Talks About Zombies, Parcour and Twilight’s Jackson Rathbone". Daemon's TV. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "That's What She Said: Caity Lotz". Men's Health. 11 October 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Esquire Presents Me in My Place with Caity Lotz". Esquire. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Josh Holloway, Laz Alonso and Chris Brown Lead 'Planet B Boy' Cast". The Hollywood Reporter. 26 October 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Exclusive: 'Death Valley' Star Caity Lotz on Her Sundance Film 'The Pact'". Fearnet. 30 December 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "THE PACT". Sundance Film Festival. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Sundance 2012: Caity Lotz -- extremely hot, and incredibly badass -- saves 'The Pact'". Entertainment Weekly. 26 January 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- Abrams, Natalie (July 19, 2013). "Exclusive: Arrow Boss Sets the Record Straight on Black Canary Casting". TVGuide.com.
- Prudom, Laura (July 30, 2013). "Black Canary On 'Arrow': CW President Mark Pedowitz Shares More On The Superhero's Origin Story". Huffington Post. Retrieved July 30, 2013.