Cajun Pawn Stars
|Cajun Pawn Stars|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||52 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Leftfield Pictures|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||January 8, 2012– January 10, 2013|
The show currently is in hiatus, a new season of production is undetermined. It is effectively canceled since the contract option date has passed without renewal.
Cajun Pawn Stars revolves around another family-owned pawn shop, the Silver Dollar Pawn & Jewelry Center in Alexandria, Louisiana, which is owned by Jimmie "Big Daddy" DeRamus, who runs the store along with his wife Peggy, his brother Johnnie, and daughter Tammie. Assisting the DeRamuses are employees Tina Journet, and Robby Friend. The shop claims to have over 100,000 items within its 20,000 square foot showroom.
The show's format is similar to the original Pawn Stars, as it features an array of collectible, antique and unusual items that people sell or pawn, complemented with "pop-up" facts related to the item. Also, as with the original series, the shop sometimes consults an expert to give an appraisal/opinion on the item being sold or pawned. In addition, at the second commercial break, a trivia question is asked in relation to the shop or item, as with Pawn Stars.
While the show is named "Cajun" Pawn Stars, Alexandria, where the pawn shop is located, is the parish seat of Rapides Parish, Louisiana, which is not considered part of Acadiana, the hub of Cajun culture.
|Season||Episodes||Season Premiere||Season Finale|
|1||8||January 8, 2012||February 6, 2012|
|2||17||June 4, 2012||August 1, 2012|
|3||20||September 12, 2012||December 12, 2012|
|4||7||December 26, 2012||January 10, 2013|
- "History(R) Puts a Southern Spin on Its Mega Hit Series With "Cajun Pawn Stars" - New Series Premiering on Sunday, January 8 at 10pm EST". The Futon Critic (Press release). December 15, 2011.
- "History to air 'Cajun Pawn Stars'". United Press International. December 19, 2011.
- Bret H. McCormick (December 19, 2011). "'Cajun Pawn Stars' to showcase Alexandria shop". The Town Talk.
- Potts, Kimberly (December 16, 2011). "'Pawn Stars' Begets 'Cajun Pawn Stars' Spin-off on History Channel (Video)". The Wrap.
- Belgard, Jodi (20 January 2013). "Future of 'Cajun Pawn Stars' undecided". The Town Talk. Retrieved 12 April 2014.