Cake (2014 film)
|Directed by||Daniel Barnz|
|Produced by||Mark Canton
|Written by||Patrick Tobin|
William H. Macy
|Music by||Christophe Beck|
|Edited by||Kristina Boden|
|Running time||98 min|
Cake is a 2014 American drama film written by Patrick Tobin, directed by Daniel Barnz and starring Jennifer Aniston, Anna Kendrick and Sam Worthington in the leading roles. It made its premiere in the Special Presentations section of the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Jennifer Aniston as Claire Simmons
- Anna Kendrick as Nina
- Sam Worthington as Roy
- Chris Messina as Jason
- Felicity Huffman as Annette
- William H. Macy as Leonard
- Adriana Barraza as Silvana
- Mamie Gummer as Bonnie
- Misty Upham as Liz
- Rose Abdoo as Innocencia
- Camille Guaty as Tina
- Ashley Crow as Stephanie
- Paula Cale as Carol
- Britt Robertson as Becky
- Pepe Serna as Nincio
- Julio Oscar Mechoso as Dr. Mata
- Lucy Punch as Nurse Gayle
- Camille Mana as Nurse Amparo
- Allen Maldonado as Buddy
- Alma Martinez as Irma
- Manuel Garcia Rulfo as Arturo
- Evan O'Toole as Casey Collins
- Lizzie Peet as Gail
- Lucy Walters as Assistant
- Andrew Elvis Miller as Border Patrol Officer
- Truth Stoval/Tasun Stoval as Felipe
On February 10, 2014, it was announced that Jennifer Aniston will play the lead in Cake. Daniel Barnz, the director, said "Of the zillions of Jennifer Aniston fans, I might be the biggest one of all. I’ve especially loved her more dramatic performances, and I can’t wait to watch her tackle a role that has such a brilliantly funny voice and so much raw pain (hats off to writer Patrick Tobin). I’m honored to be collaborating with Ben, Kristin and Courtney, and it’s exciting that Cake will be the first film under the Cinelou banner. It feels like we’re all taking a leap of faith together, and that’s pretty thrilling.". On March 15, the Mexican actress Adriana Barraza is also announced in the cast of the drama. The rest of the cast was revealed on April 1.
Filming took place in Los Angeles and lasted 33 days.
- McNary, Dave (2014-02-09). "Jennifer Aniston Starring in Indie Drama ‘Cake’". Variety.
- "Toronto Film Festival Lineup". Variety. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (2014-02-09). "Jennifer Aniston To Star In ‘Cake’; First Pic Under New Cinelou Banner". Deadline.
- Sneide, Jeff (2014-03-14). "Jennifer Aniston Joined by Brad Pitt's ‘Babel’ Co-Star in ‘Cake’ (Exclusive)". The Wrap.
- Sneide, Jeff (2014-04-01). "Sam Worthington, Anna Kendrick, Chris Messina Join Jennifer Aniston in ‘Cake’ (Exclusive)". The Wrap.
- "Jennifer Aniston On The Set Of ‘Cake’".