|No. 52, 63|
|Date of birth:||October 11, 1969|
|Place of birth:||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||302 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Merritt Island (FL)|
|NFL draft:||1992 / Round: 5 / Pick: 127|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Calvert Roy Dixon, III (born October 11, 1969) is an American former college and professional football player who was an offensive lineman in the National Football League (NFL) for five seasons during the 1990s. Dixon played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins of the NFL.
Dixon accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played center for coach Galen Hall and coach Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators football teams from 1988 to 1991. As a senior in 1991, Dixon was a team captain and a member of the Gators' first Southeastern Conference (SEC) championship squad. He was a first-team All-SEC selection in 1990 and 1991, an Associated Press second-team All-American, the winner of the SEC's Jacobs Blocking Trophy, and the recipient of the Gators' Fergie Ferguson Award in 1991. He was also recognized as an SEC Academic Honor Roll honoree all four years and a member of the College Football Association's Scholar-Athlete Team in 1991.
The New York Jets selected Dixon in the fifth round (127th pick overall) of the 1992 NFL Draft, and he was a center and guard for the Jets from 1992 to 1995. He played in sixty-six NFL games, starting in twelve of them. Dixon finished his NFL career with the Miami Dolphins in 1996.
- Florida Gators football, 1990–99
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of Miami Dolphins players
- List of New York Jets players
- List of SEC Jacobs Blocking Trophy winners
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Cal Dixon. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Cal Dixon. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 88, 97, 98, 99–100, 102, 103, 124, 180 (2011). Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1992 National Football League Draft. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Cal Dixon. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.