Cal Henderson (born Callum James Henderson-Begg on January 17, 1981) is a British computer programmer and author based in San Francisco. He was educated at Sharnbrook Upper School and Community College.
He's best known for co-owning and developing the online creative community B3ta with Denise Wilton and Rob Manuel; being the chief software architect for the photo-sharing application Flickr (originally working for Ludicorp and then Yahoo) and writing the book Building Scalable Web Sites for O'Reilly Media. He's also worked for EMAP and is responsible for writing City Creator among many other websites, services and desktop applications. Cal is a co-founder and VP engineering of the company Tiny Speck where he works today.
He is color blind, and has worked on applications to make the web more accessible to the color blind. He is also a frequent contributor to open source software projects and runs a number of utility websites, such as Unicodey, to make certain programming tasks easier.
- Personal website
- Tiny Speck
- City Creator
- GitHub contributions
- 2006 Future of Web Apps Talk
- "Interview with B3ta co-founder Rob Manuel". BBC. 2005-08. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- "About Flickr". Flickr. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- "Ludicorp staff". Ludicorp. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- "O'Reilly catalog - Building Scalable Web Sites". O'Reilly Media. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- "City Creator - Yahoo! picks for September 16, 2003". Yahoo!. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- Crunchbase: Companies > Tiny Speck
- Color Vision - by Cal Henderson
|This article on a computer specialist of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|