Cal Poly Pomona Broncos
|Cal Poly Pomona Broncos|
|University||California State Polytechnic University, Pomona|
|Conference(s)||California Collegiate Athletic Association|
|Athletics director||Brian Swanson|
|Basketball arena||Kellogg Gym|
|Baseball stadium||Scolinos Field |
|Fight song||William Tell Overture|
|Colors||Green and Gold
The Cal Poly Pomona Broncos or Cal Poly Broncos are the athletic sports team for the California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona). Cal Poly Pomona has 12 varsity sports teams and offers student participation in a wide range of sports including soccer, volleyball, track and field, basketball, softball, baseball, and tennis. Cal Poly Pomona participates at the NCAA's Division II (DII) level in the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). The Broncos have 61 CCAA championships and 14 NCAA National Championships,.
NCAA national championships (14)
Cal Poly Pomona has won NCAA Division II championships in the following events:
|Men's Baseball||3||1976, 1980, 1983|
|Women's Basketball||5||1982, 1985, 1986, 2001, 2002|
|Men's Cross Country||1||1983|
|Women's Tennis||4||1980, 1981, 1991, 1992|
CCAA championships (61)
Cal Poly Pomona has won CCAA championships in the following events:
- Men's sports (25):
- Women's sports (36):
- Women's Basketball (18) - 1981-1982, 1982–1983, 1983–1984, 1984–1985, 1985–1986, 1986–1987, 1987–1988, 1988–1989, 1989–1990, 1990–1991, 1991–1992, 1992–1993, 1993–1994, 1996–1997, 1997–1998, 1999–2000, 2000–2001, 2001–2002
- Women's Soccer (2) - 1991, 1999
- Women's Tennis (11) - 1983, 1985, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1998, 2003
- Women's Outdoor Track & Field (2) - 1997, 1998
- Women's Volleyball (3) - 1981, 1990, 2005
There are currently 7 club sports at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Cal Poly Pomona Cycling
- Cal Poly Pomona Equestrian Team
- Cal Poly Pomona Inline Hockey Club
- Cal Poly Pomona Lacrosse
- Cal Poly Pomona Martial Arts
- Cal Poly Pomona Skii and Snowboard Team
- Cal Poly Pomona Ultimate Frisbee
All student may only participate in any clubs/activities with a 3.0 or higher
Bronco Pep Band
The Bronco Pep Band is a student-run band at the university. The band is currently a group within the Athletic Department.
Cal Poly Pomona music department student Daniel Sandt became the first director of what became known as "Bronco Pep Band version 2.0".
- Daniel Sandt (2002–2005)
- Steven Corral (2005–2009)
- James Rodriguez (2009 - 2012)
- Branden Herron (2012 - current)
The first fight song
The new fight song
Cal Poly Pomona Fight Song
Words sung to the trio section of John Phillip Sousa's Solid Men to the Front.
Unofficial Fight Song
Cesare Sodero's band performs part 3 (Ranz des vaches) of the overture in 1914.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
- http://dsa.csupomona.edu/athletics/facilities.asp Accessed September 13, 2008
- "Cal Poly Broncos Open '10 Season With Win Over SFU". Stryker-Indigo. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- http://www.goccaa.org/Sports/championships/2006/alltime_ccaa_champs.asp?nl=10&tab=champs Accessed September 11, 2008
- http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/champs_listing2.html Accessed September 11, 2008
- Bronco Pep Band History
- "Untitled Page". Bronco Pep Band. Retrieved 2008-09-02.