Calcutta Stock Exchange
|Calcutta Stock Exchange|
|দি ক্যালকাটা স্টক এক্সচেঞ্জ|
|Founded||1830, incorporated in 1908|
|Owner||The Calcutta Stock Exchange Limited|
|Key people||Sunil Mitra, IAS (Retd.) (Chairman)
B. Madhav Reddy (MD & CEO)
|Currency||Indian rupee ()|
|No. of listings||2,700~|
|Market cap||1,40,141 Crores (2009)|
Calcutta Stock Exchange, also abbreviated to CSE, (Bengali: দি ক্যালকাটা স্টক এক্সচেঞ্জ di kyalkata stôk ekschenj) located at the Lyons Range, Kolkata, India, is the oldest stock exchange in South Asia. It was incorporated in 1908 and is the second largest bourse in India.
In 1830, the bourse activities in Kolkata used to conducted under a neem tree. The earliest record of dealings in securities in India is the British East India Company’s loan securities. In 1908, the stock exchange was incorporated and consisted of 150 members. The present building at the Lyons Range was constructed in 1928. The Calcutta Stock Exchange was granted permanent recognition by the Government of India with effect from April 14, 1980 under the relevant provisions of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956. The Calcutta Stock Exchange followed the familiar outcry system for stock trading up until 1997, when it was replaced by an electronic (eTrading) system known as C-STAR (CSE Screen Based Trading And Reporting). The full form of CSE is Calcutta Stock Exchange.
The Calcutta Stock Exchange Limited
Board Of Directors
- Sunil Mitra, IAS (Retd.) - Shareholder Director and Chairman of the Board
- B Madhav Reddy - Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer
- Satyabrata Ganguly - Public Interest Director
- Jayanta Mitra - Public Interest Director
- Prasad Ranjan Ray, IAS (Retd.) - Public Interest Director
- Sanjay Budhia - Shareholder Director
- Mukul Somany - Shareholder Director
- V. Balasubramanium - Shareholder Director
- Jagdish Prasad Chowdhary - Shareholder Director
- Harsha Bardhan Agarwal - Shareholder Director
- Ajit Khandelwal - Trading Member Director
- Suresh Kumar Kaushik - Trading Member Director
- Sharad Chandra Jhunjhunwala - Trading Member Director
- B Madhav Reddy - MD & CEO
- Satyabrata Sahoo - GM (Stock Exchange Operation)
- M.A.V Raju - DGM (Admin & HR)
- P. S. Mohapatra - DGM (Information Technology)
- D. Chakraborty - DGM (Business Development & Taxation)
- Sripriya Senthilkumar - DGM (Stock Exchange Operation)
- A Santra - Manager (Surveillance)
- Asis Maity- Manager (Market Operation)
One Index is in use:
- CSE - 40 index
- CSE Factbook. Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd.
- "Lights on at Lyons Range - Bombay bourse boost for city exchange". The Telegraph. 8 November 2007. Retrieved 27 December 2008.
- Pradeep Gooptu; Namrata Achary (2 December 2008). "CSE to focus on smaller companies". Business Standard. Retrieved 27 December 2008.
- "BSE buys 5% in Calcutta Stock Exchange". Economic Times. 29 August 2007. Retrieved 27 December 2008.