|Full name||Caleb Patterson-Sewell|
|Date of birth||May 20, 1987|
|Place of birth||Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|2007||Cleveland City Stars||8||(0)|
|2008||New York Red Bulls||0||(0)|
|2009||→ New York Red Bulls (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of November 25, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Early life and career
Patterson-Sewell moved with his parents to Australia when he was two years old and grew up in Gatton, Queensland, and began his youth career in Australia with the Toowoomba Raiders junior soccer system. While at the club he was regarded as one of the nation's most promising junior talents. He attended the Queensland Academy of Sport, and played junior football for a variety of youth clubs (Gatton SC, South Toowoomba Raiders, West Wanderers), but it was his play with the Toowoomba Raiders that helped him draw the interest of numerous European clubs. In 2004 Patterson-Sewell joined Anderlecht's reserve side. In late 2004 he was signed by Sheffield Wednesday's youth academy. Patterson-Sewell's spectacular play in goal at Sheffield Wednesday did not go unnoticed by bigger clubs. He was offered a chance to join Liverpool's Under 19 side and spurned Wednesday's contract offers. He appeared in 4 matches for the Liverpool Under 19 side in 2005.
In 2005–06, Patterson-Sewell returned to Australia once his work permit ran out to sign a temporary contract with Toowoomba Raiders and Mt. Gravatt in the Brisbane Premier League. He was expected to return to Belgium and play for a Liverpool feeder club.
In 2007, Patterson-Sewell signed with American USL Second Division side Cleveland City Stars instead of returning to Europe in hopes of impressing Major League Soccer clubs. While with Cleveland City, Patterson-Sewell helped the club to its first ever qualification to the US Open Cup in 2007. In eight appearances he had a goals against average of 1.00, including three shut-outs.
New York Red Bulls
In early 2008, Patterson-Sewell went on trial with Major League Soccer club New York Red Bulls. His play in goal impressed New York Red Bulls and he was signed by the club in the 2008 MLS season. Paterson-Sewell made no appearances for Red Bulls and declined a contract offer to remain with club before the start of the 2009 MLS season.
In February 2009, Patterson-Sewell was signed by Carolina RailHawks of the USL First Division for the USL 1 2009 season. At the end of the 2009–2010 season New York Red Bulls was granted permission by MLS to sign Patterson-Sewell again on loan due to an "extreme hardship" case.
Patterson-Sewell spent the 2010 USSF Pro League with Miami FC starting 25 games for the club. In April 2011, Patterson-Sewell signed again with Carolina RailHawks, now playing in the North American Soccer League.
Patterson-Sewell remained at Carolina RailHawks for only a few months as he was transferred to Portugal in the 2011–2012 season transfer window to newly promoted Liga de Honra club Atlético Clube de Portugal for the 2011–2012 Liga de Honra season. Upon his arrival in Portugal he quickly established himself as Atlético's starting goalkeeper and was nominated for 2012 Goalkeeper of the Year award at the 2012 LPFP Awards.
Australia national team
(As of match played March 11, 2013)
| New York Red Bulls
| Carolina RailHawks
New York Red Bulls
- Kathy Stone (October 25, 2012). "Caleb Targets Roo Gloves". au.fourfourtwo.com. FourFourTwo. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
- "Patterson to sign with Sheffield". finda.com.au. December 22, 2004. Retrieved April 8, 2009.
- Young, Richie. "Stars and stripes in his eyes". Four Four Two. Retrieved April 8, 2009.
- "On Patterson-Sewell". Red Bulls Reader. February 19, 2009. Retrieved April 8, 2009.
- RailHawks add trio to roster
- "RailHawks add three more players with MLS experience to lineup". oursportscentral.com. April 1, 2009. Retrieved April 8, 2009.
- RailHawks’ Caleb Patterson-Sewell signed for single game with Red Bull New York
- Patterson-Sewell joins Railhawks
- Patterson-Sewell signs with Atlético Clube de Portugal
- Caleb shines at the Tapadinha (Portuguese)
- "Australia – C. Patterson-Sewell". soccerway.com. Retrieved August 28, 2012.
- Caleb Patterson-Sewell profile at ForaDeJogo (Portuguese)