The Caleta Hotel
|Location||Catalan Bay, Gibraltar|
The Caleta Hotel, also known as Caleta Palace Hotel, is a four star hotel in the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar. It is located at Catalan Bay on the east coast of the territory overlooking the Mediterranean sea. It owes its name to La Caleta (Spanish for "Small Cove"), the traditional name given from the Spanish period to Catalan Bay and the fishing village located in its shore, as it is the area where the hotel now stands. The Caleta Hotel provides wide selection of guest rooms and suites. It also operates two rosette rated Italian restaurant named Nunos. The hotel has received Gibraltar's Leading Hotel Award on four occasions, from 2009 to 2012, at the World Travel Awards.
The Caleta Palace Hotel is in Gibraltar, the British Overseas Territory at the southern end of the Iberian Peninsula. It is at Catalan Bay, a small bay and fishing village, on the eastern side of The Rock. Catalan Bay is located separate from Gibraltar's main town and overlooks the Mediterranean sea.
The hotel operates one Italian restaurant and has a wide selection of guest rooms and suites. Nunos Italian Restaurant has received two rosettes by The Automobile Association. Two rosettes are awarded to those "excellent restaurants that aim for and achieve higher standards and better consistency". The Caleta Hotel earned the Gibraltar's Leading Hotel Award consecutively from 2009 to 2012. The award is presented at the World Travel Awards, an annual award ceremony which acknowledges and rewards across all sectors of the tourism industry. The award was previously won by The Rock Hotel from 2004 to 2008.
- "Andalucia & Gibraltar; Readers Holidays". Western Mail (Cardiff: via HighBeam Research). 16 January 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2012. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)
- Marsh, Paula (8 July 1998). "Fury Over Holiday From Hell". Birmingham Mail (Birmingham: via HighBeam Research). Retrieved 13 December 2012. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)
- Bensky, Patricia (2003). A Lizard in the Sun: Three Years of Zero Budget Travels. iUniverse. p. 9. ISBN 9780595273348.
- Great Britain. Colonial Office (1972). Gibraltar: Report. H.M. Stationery Office. p. 98. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- Dare, Annie; Thorniley, Tessa (2007). Frommer's Mediterranean Spain with your family : from tranquil villages to the bustling Costas. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0470055286.
- "The Caleta Hotel – Restaurants". Caletahotel.com. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Rosette awards for restaurants – Rosette award descriptions". The Automobile Association. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Profile – The Caleta Hotel". World Travel Awards. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "About World Travel Awards". World Travel Awards. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Profile – The Rock Hotel". World Travel Awards. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "The Caleta Hotel – Home". Caletahotel.com. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Caleta Palace Hotel.|