Calgary Sports and Entertainment
|Industry||Sports, Property management|
|Key people||N. Murray Edwards, Chairman
Ken King, CEO
|Products||Professional sports teams, Arenas|
|Owners||N. Murray Edwards
The Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation (CSE) is a professional sports and entertainment company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada that was formed in 2012. It succeeded the Calgary Flames Limited Partnership (CFLP), which represented the group that has owned the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League (NHL) since 1980. CFLP subsequently acquired ownership of the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League (WHL), the Calgary Roughnecks of the National Lacrosse League (NLL), the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL) and the Adirondack Flames of the American Hockey League (AHL). The group also manages the Scotiabank Saddledome arena in Calgary. CSE is privately owned by the six owners that formed the CFLP and is chaired by N. Murray Edwards. Ken King is the chief executive officer.
Calgary Sports and Entertainment owns and operates four franchises based in Calgary and owns a minor league franchise in New York state. Additionally, CSE has a management agreement with the City of Calgary to operate the Scotiabank Saddledome arena which serves as the home venue of the Flames, Hitmen and Roughnecks.
|Calgary Flames||National Hockey League||1972, as the Atlanta Flames||May 21, 1980|
|Calgary Hitmen||Western Hockey League||1995||June 1997|
|Calgary Roughnecks||National Lacrosse League||2001||June 2011|
|Calgary Stampeders||Canadian Football League||1945||March 2005 (minority stake)
March 2012 (controlling interest)
|Adirondack Flames||American Hockey League||1977, as the Maine Mariners||—|
- Hanlon, Peter; Kelso, Sean; Thomas, Rob, eds. (2013). 2013–14 Calgary Flames Media Guide. Calgary Flames Hockey Club. p. 4.
- Odland, Kristen (2013-09-06). "Burke era starts in Calgary". Calgary Herald. p. E1.
- Miller, Mark (1997-06-14). "Hitmen finally go up in Flames". Calgary Sun. p. S5.
- Spencer, Donna (2011-06-14). "Flames dive into professional lacrosse". Canadian Press.
- Maki, Allan (2012-03-30). "Flames buy control in Stampeders". The Globe and Mail (Toronto, ON). p. S5.