California College San Diego
|California College San Diego (CCSD)|
|Type||Private for profit post secondary|
|Location||San Diego, California, USA|
|Campus||Main Campus, San Diego, California|
|Colors||Navy Blue, White and Maroon|
|Website||California College San Diego (CCSD)|
California College San Diego (also known as CCSD) is a private, for profit, four year college, located in San Diego, California. Associate’s Degree and Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Healthcare Administration, Medical Specialties, Respiratory Therapy, Business Management and Accounting, Computer Programming, Computer Networking, and Computer Science could be completed from CCSD. Apart from the regular classroom programs, CCSD College also features FastFlex Degree Programs,  which allows completing the degrees faster than a traditional degree. Accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) which provides accreditation to non-university post-secondary colleges. CCSD College is also affiliated with Stevens-Henager College for providing Online Education.
Prior to moving to California, the college was known as California College of Health Sciences (CCHS) and before that as California College for Respiratory Therapy (CCRT).
CCRT, earlier known as Scottsdale Education Center, originated in December 1971 and was located in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ). As a vocational-technical school, the college offered multiple allied health and technical programs. A Respiratory Therapy Technician Program was initiated by the college in January 1974 and was continued till 1976, in Phoenix. Scottsdale Education Center became California College for Respiratory Therapy (CCRT) after moving to California, where it operated in San Diego from 1977 to 1980. The college then offered only a Respiratory Therapy Technician program. A distance education model of the Respiratory Therapy Program was launched by CCRT in 1978. In 1983 CCRT renamed itself as California College of Health Sciences (CCHS).
In June 1996, the college was acquired by National Education Company (NEC)/International Correspondence Schools (ICS). Harcourt General acquired NEC, ICS's parent corporation and CCHS in June 1997. ICS (now Education Direct) and CCHS were then acquired by Thomson Corporation in 2001. In May 2003, the college was purchased by California College Inc. The institution then changed its name to California College San Diego (CCSD). The college became the newest member of the family of schools that includes Stevens-Henager College and CollegeAmerica. The academic offerings of the college were expanded to include degree programs in other educational fields like business, technology and medical specialties.
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)  is a national accrediting organization in the United States that provides accreditation to non-university post-secondary colleges. ACCSC is an accrediting agency recognized by U.S. Department of Education under the provisions of Public Law 82-550 for non-university post-secondary colleges and subsequent legislation that requires the evaluation of such agencies and issuance of an official list by the Department.
California College San Diego (CCSD) is nationally accredited. Credits or courses taken from nationally accredited institutions are not widely accepted in transfer if you later attend a regionally accredited college.
Post-secondary education by California College San Diego (CCSD College) regulated through accreditation, federal requirements under the Higher Education Act of 1965 Title IV, and state regulatory and licensing.
Selected degree programs, for example, Respiratory Therapy Program, offered by the college are also accredited by other accreditation agencies  like:
Most Popular Programs: California College-San Diego has over 11 programs available.
|Program Name||Contact Hours||Tuition & Fees||Books & Supp.|
|2||Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist||121||$41,300||N/A|
|3||Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist||181||$67,300||N/A|
|4||Health/Health Care Administration/Management||182||$62,300||N/A|
|5||Business Administration and Management, General||182||$62,300||N/A|
California College San Diego's campus  is located at 6602 Convoy Court, San Diego CA 92111. (619)680--4430
San Marcos Campus is located at 277 Rancheros Drive Suite 200, San Marcos CA 92069. (619)680-4430 Website: http://www.cc-sd.edu/locations/san-marcos
Associate’s Degree Programs
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Associate of Science in Business Management and Accounting with a Property Management emphasis
- Associate of Occupational Studies in Medical Specialties
- Associate of Science in Business Management and Accounting
- Associate of Science in Computer Technology & Networking
- Associate of Science in Computer Programming
Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Property Management emphasis
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Respiratory Therapy Program
California College San Diego’s Respiratory Therapy Programs  provides comprehensive curriculum, laboratory experience, clinical practice in respiratory patient care and individual attention from qualified instructors. Graduates in Respiratory Therapy could seek employment in hospitals and medical centers as respiratory care practitioners are prepared for possible certifications and credentials in National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Bachelors in Respiratory Therapy Degree  can be completed in as less as 36 months, while the Associate Degree  could be completed within 22 months. Completing degree programs prepare students for possible certifications in NBRC eligibility for RRT examination, Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license.
California College San Diego aims at helping college students who lack financial resources to go to college. CCSD College works out personal financial plans for individuals and introduces them to the grants and loans they qualify for.
Few of such lists of Preferred Lenders that CCSD College offers are:
- Pell Grant
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Subsidized Stafford Loan (Federal Student Loan)
- Unsubsidized Stafford Loan (Federal Student Loan)
- Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
Federal Student Aid Information
|School Name||CALIFORNIA COLLEGE SAN DIEGO|
|Address:||6602 Convoy Court Suite 100|
|Federal School Code||014683|
|School Type||Private Non-profit- 4-year or above|
|Tuition and Fees||$15,790|
|Net Price Average||NA|
- The information provided above is updated quarterly and may not reflect recent changes.
- The amounts for tuition and fees apply to full-time first-time degree/certificate-seeking students.
- Net Price Average is the average yearly price charged to full-time, first-time undergraduate students receiving student aid at an institution of higher education after deducting any grant and scholarship aid received. Average Net Price provides students and families with an idea of how much a first-time, full-time undergraduate student who receives grant/scholarship aid pays to attend a particular institution after subtracting out that grant/scholarship aid.
- Graduation rate is the percentage of a school's first-time, first-year undergraduate students who complete their program within 150% of the published time for the program.
- Retention rate is the percentage of a school's first-time, first-year undergraduate students who continue at that school the next year.
- Transfer rate is the percentage of a school's first-time, first-year undergraduate students who transfer to another college within 150% of the published time for the program.
- NA indicates that information is not available from College Navigator.
- http://www.accsc.org/Content/CommissionActions/stbclist%20NOV%2005.pdf, http://www.cc-sd.edu/accredited-college.html
- http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2820+Camino+del+Rio+S,+San+Diego,+CA+92108&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=52.505328,78.75&ie=UTF8&z=14&iwloc=addr&ll=32.781646,-117.127304, http://caljobsource.com/cacollege.html, http://www.cc-sd.edu/san-diego-california.html
- , http://www.cc-sd.edu/respiratory-therapy-degree.html
- California College San Diego Official Website
- Carnegie Classifications - California College-San Diego