California Department of Finance
|California Department of Finance|
Seal of the Department of Finance
|Headquarters||915 L Street, Sacramento, CA|
|Annual budget||$60 million (2007)|
|Agency executive||Ana Matosantos, Director|
The California Department of Finance is a state cabinet-level agency within the government of California. The Department of Finance is responsible for preparing, explaining, and administering the state’s annual financial plan, which the Governor of California is required under the California Constitution to present by January 10 of each year to the general public. The Department of Finance's other duties include analyzing the budgets of proposed laws in the California State Legislature, creating and monitoring current and future economic forecasts of the state, estimating population demographics and enrollment projections, and maintaining the state's accounting and financial reporting systems.
The current Director of Finance is Ana Matosantos, and is a member of Governor Jerry Brown's cabinet. Matosantos has been the Department's director since December 31, 2009. Matosantos succeeded Michael Genest after his resignation was tendered to then Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on December 14, 2009. Genest served as the Department's director from December 1, 2005 to December 14, 2009.
Units within the department
There are nine Financial Units within the Department of Finance, administering the agency's various duties within the state government:
- Budget Operations Support (BOS)
- Legislative Analyses
- California State Accounting and Reporting System (CALSTARS): Accounting
- Demographic Research Unit (DRU)
- Economic/Financial Research Unit (ER/FR)
- Fiscal Systems and Consulting Unit (FSCU)
- Office of State Audits and Evaluations (OSAE)
- Performance Review Unit (PRU)
- Statewide Systems Development Unit (SSDU)
- Office of the Governor (2009-12-14). "Gov. Schwarzenegger Announces Appointment of Ana Matosantos as First Latina Finance Director". State of California. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- Office of the Governor (2005-12-01). "Governor Schwarzenegger Appoints Michael Genest Director of the Department of Finance". State of California. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- California Department of Finance official website
- Director Michael Genest's official wesbsite
- Department of Finance's Population Estimate Methodology
- 2008-2009 Proposed California Budget
|This article about the politics of California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|