California State Route 137
|Defined by S&HC § 437|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||29 mi (47 km)|
|West end:||SR 43 near Corcoran|
|SR 99 in Tulare|
|East end:||SR 65 near Lindsay|
The western terminus of SR 137 is at an intersection with SR 43 in Corcoran. SR 137 travels east as Whitley Avenue before turning due north as 4th Avenue, which turns into Road 16, and entering Tulare County. The route turns northeast onto Waukena Avenue before passing through the community of Waukena. After this, SR 137 turns north onto Road 30 and then east on Avenue 199 before making another turn north on Road 36. A few miles later, SR 137 makes a final turn east on Avenue 228, which turns into Inyo Avenue. SR 137 continues into the city of Tulare, turning north on M Street and east onto Tulare Avenue as the highway passes through downtown.
SR 137 intersects State Route 99 and the south end of State Route 63 while still in the Tulare city limits. The highway then leaves the city limits and passes through rural Tulare County. The eastern terminus is just west of Lindsay at SR 65.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The numbers reset at county lines; the start and end postmiles in each county are given in the county column.
|0.00||Whitley Avenue – Corcoran||Continuation beyond SR 43|
|0.00||SR 43 – Hanford, Wasco|
|Tulare||16.63||SR 99 – Sacramento, Los Angeles||Interchange|
|17.51||SR 63 north (Mooney Boulevard) – Visalia|
|20.46||CR J15 north (Road 140) – Visalia||West end of CR J15 overlap|
|CR J15 south (Road 152) – Woodville||East end of CR J15 overlap|
|23.90||CR J23 (Road 168) – Farmersville|
|27.40||SR 65 / CR J27 (Road 196) – Exeter, Lindsay, Plainview|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- January 1, 2006 California Log of Bridges on State Highways
- CA Codes (shc:250-257)
- Thomas Brothers (2003). Kings and Tulare Counties Street Atlas (Map).
- Google Inc. "SR 137". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.162825,-119.330063&spn=0.244471,0.617294&z=11.
- Staff. "State Truck Route List" (XLS file). California Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, April 2008
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2007