California State Route 187
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 487|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||5.405 mi (8.699 km)|
|West end:||SR 1 in Venice|
|I‑405 in Culver City|
|East end:||I‑10 near Culver City|
California State Route 187 (SR 187) in Los Angeles is the portion of Venice Boulevard between Lincoln Boulevard (State Route 1) in Venice and its intersection with Interstate 10 in the South Robertson district.
Proceeding easterly, Venice Boulevard assumes the designation California State Route 187 at Lincoln Boulevard (State Route 1). The route then passes through the Mar Vista neighborhood. Further east, it briefly forms the boundary between Palms and Culver City and passes near Sony Pictures Studios. Continuing northeast into the South Robertson neighborhood of Los Angeles, the SR 187 designation terminates at the intersection with Cadillac Avenue and the ramp carrying traffic from westbound I-10.
Route 163 was defined in 1961 as a route from the ocean in Santa Monica to Route 173, routed along Pacific Avenue and Venice Boulevard. This was redefined as SR 187 in the 1964 state highway renumbering. In 1988, the part of SR 187 in Santa Monica was removed from the state highway system. The part of the route from the southern boundary of Santa Monica to Lincoln Boulevard was removed in 1994.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County.
|3.50||Venice Boulevard||Continuation beyond SR 1|
|3.50||SR 1 (Lincoln Boulevard)||Former US 101 Alt.; west end of SR 187|
|5.83||I‑405 (San Diego Freeway)||Interchange; former SR 7|
|8.64||La Cienega Boulevard|
|8.80||I‑10 (Santa Monica Freeway)||Interchange; east end of SR 187|
|8.91||Cadillac Avenue, Venice Boulevard||Continuation beyond I-10|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Staff. "State Truck Route List" (XLS file). California Department of Transportation. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- Thomas Brothers (2008). Los Angeles County Road Atlas (Map).
- California State Assembly (1961). "1961 Session of the Legislature". 1961 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 1840.
- California State Assembly (1963). "An act...relating to routes on the state highway system". 1963 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 385.
- California State Assembly (1988). "An act to add and repeal Sections...of the Government Code, to amend Sections...of, the Streets and Highways Code...". 1987–1988 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 106.
- California State Assembly (1994). "An act...relating to transportation...". 1993–1994 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 1220.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006
- California @ AARoads.com - State Route 187
- Caltrans: Route 187 highway conditions
- California Highways: SR 187