California State Route 189
|Lakes Gregory Drive|
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 489|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||5.565 mi (8.956 km)|
|West end:||SR 18 near Crestline|
|East end:||SR 173 in Lake Arrowhead|
SR 189 begins at Lake Gregory Drive approximately twenty feet north of State Route 18, between the community of Arrowhead Highlands to the west and the community of Rimforest to the east. It wends its way northeastward to the community of Twin Peaks. It continues roughly eastward through Twin Peaks to the community of Agua Fria (Spanish, cold water), where it forms a tee with the northern terminus of Daley Canyon Road. It turns northeast and continues from there through the downtown section of the community of Blue Jay. It ends at State Route 173 in the Village area of the community of Lake Arrowhead.
In 1933, a road from Strawberry Peak to the road between Cajon Pass and Lake Arrowhead was added to the state highway system. It was given the number of Route 189 in 1935. The route was unchanged by the 1964 state highway renumbering.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in San Bernardino County.
|0.00||SR 18 / Lake Gregory Drive – San Bernardino, Lake Gregory||West end of SR 189|
|3.09||Daley Canyon Road – Big Bear City|
|Lake Arrowhead||5.57||SR 173||East end of SR 189|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Staff. "State Truck Route List" (XLS FILE). California Department of Transportation. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- California State Assembly (1933). "An act...relating to...the addition of certain highways to the State system". Fiftieth Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 767.
- California State Assembly (1935). "An act...relating to State highways". Fifty-first Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 274.
- California State Assembly (1963). "An act...relating to routes on the state highway system". 1963 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 385.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006