California State Route 232
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 532|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||4.110 mi (6.614 km)|
|South end:||SR 1 in Oxnard|
|North end:||SR 118 near Saticoy|
SR 232 is part of the California Freeway and Expressway System. It starts at the intersection of Oxnard Boulevard (SR 1) and Vineyard Avenue in Oxnard at the Vineyard Plaza shopping center. It continues northeast on Vineyard Avenue, intersects with U.S. Route 101 near the Martinez Shopping Center, and runs through El Rio. SR 232 leaves the Oxnard city limits and ends at Los Angeles Avenue (Route 118).
At the 1932 Summer Olympics near Los Angeles, it hosted part of the road cycling event when it was Vineyard Avenue. Route 154 was defined in 1933 from El Rio to Saticoy; the route was renumbered as SR 232 in the 1964 state highway renumbering. By 2014, the route was redefined to start at US 101, eliminating the part in Oxnard that had been relinquished.
According to the 2003 Caltrans District 7 Master System Plan Status Map, California Route 232 will be realigned from Vineyard Avenue to Santa Clara Avenue.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Ventura County.
|Oxnard||0.00||Vineyard Avenue – Naval Base Port Hueneme||Continuation beyond SR 1|
|0.00||SR 1 (Oxnard Boulevard)||South end of SR 232|
|0.44||US 101 (Ventura Freeway) – Ventura, Los Angeles||Interchange|
|R4.11||SR 118 (Los Angeles Avenue) – Saticoy, Santa Paula, Moorpark||North end of SR 232|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Staff. "State Truck Route List" (XLS file). California Department of Transportation. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- "CA Codes (shc:250-257)". ca.gov.
- Google (2011-01-23). "California State Route 232". Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- 1932 Summer Olympics official report. p. 87.
- California State Assembly (1933). "An act...relating to...the addition of certain highways to the State system". Fiftieth Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 767.
- California State Assembly (1963). "An act...relating to routes on the state highway system". 1963 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 385.
- California State Assembly (2014). " Session of the Legislature". Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 345.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006
- California Highways: SR 232
- The Big Highways Page: California Route 232
- 2003 Caltrans District 7 Master System Plan Status Map