California State Route 263
|Defined by S&HC § 563|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||8.125 mi (13.076 km)|
|South end:||SR 3 in Yreka|
|North end:||SR 96 near Yreka|
State Route 263 (SR 263) is a state highway in the U.S. state of California in Siskiyou County. It is also part of Business Loop 5 due to being a parallel route of Interstate 5 to the west. Route 263 connects Route 3 near the north city limits of Yreka to Route 96 eight miles (13 km) north. It was once part of U.S. Route 99.
The road begins at a junction with State Route 3 just north of Yreka. The highway then heads upward through Siskiyou County, roughly lying parallel to the Klamath River. The road passes also roughly aligned with nearby Interstate 5 as it passes through hilly terrain. The road ends at State Route 96, which continues northward to meet up with Interstate 5.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment of U.S. Route 99 as it existed at that time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Siskiyou County.
|Yreka||49.07||SR 3 (Montague Road, North Main Street) – Montague, Etna||South end of I-5 Bus. overlap|
|57.20||SR 96 (Klamath River Road)||North end of I-5 Bus. overlap|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Staff. "State Truck Route List" (XLS file). California Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- Microsoft. "SR 263". Bing Maps (Map). Cartography by Nokia. http://www.bing.com/maps/#JmNwPTQxLjc4NjM1NzYzNDk1MjE3NX4tMTIyLjYxMjMzMDUwMjg2MTY1Jmx2bD0xMiZkaXI9MCZzdHk9ciZydHA9cG9zLjQxLjc0MDQxNzE4NDQ5NjFfLTEyMi42MzMzMTcwNDk4Mjk2N19uZWFyJTIwODAzJTIwTiUyME1haW4lMjBTdCUyQyUyMFlyZWthJTJDJTIwQ0ElMjA5NjA5N19fX2FffnBvcy40MS44MzIyNDI1MTk0ODcxNV8tMTIyLjU5MTM0Mzk1NTg5MzYzX19fX2FfJm1vZGU9RCZydG9wPTB+MH4wfg==. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006
- DeLorme California Atlas and Gazetteer: Page 25