California State Route 66
|Defined by S&HC § 366|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||32.321 mi (52.016 km)
Portions of SR 66 are not included in the length.[notes 1]
|Existed:||1974 (from US 66) – present|
|West end:||SR 210 in La Verne|
|I-15 in Rancho Cucamonga|
|East end:||I-215 in San Bernardino|
State Route 66 (SR 66) is a state highway in the U.S. state of California, running along the section of old U.S. Route 66 in California from La Verne east to San Bernardino, passing through Claremont, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana and Rialto along Foothill Boulevard. In San Bernardino, it is the part of Fifth Street west of H Street (at the Interstate 215 interchange).
The route begins as Foothill Boulevard at the interchange with SR 210 in the city of La Verne. SR 66 heads southeast for a few miles before entering Pomona and turning due east. The highway continues into the city of Claremont, passing by Claremont Colleges, before crossing into Upland, San Bernardino County.
In Upland, SR 66 passes by Cable Airport to the south, continuing due east. The highway intersects SR 83 before entering Rancho Cucamonga, where state maintenance of SR 66 currently ends. Foothill Boulevard continues east through Rancho Cucamonga through an interchange with I-15 before entering Fontana, and passing well north of the California Speedway. Foothill Boulevard continues east into Rialto, where the SR 66 designation resumes. SR 66 continues east into San Bernardino, before curving to the north as 5th Street and terminating at I-215 south of downtown.
California's legislature has relinquished state control of the segment from the Pomona–Claremont line east to the Fontana–Rialto line, and turned it over to local control.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then. The numbers reset at county lines; the start and end postmiles in each county are given in the county column.
|La Verne||R0.19||Foothill Boulevard||Continuation beyond SR 210; former US 66 west|
|R0.19||SR 210 (Foothill Freeway) – Pasadena, San Bernardino||Interchange|
|1.73||Fruit Street, White Avenue|
|Pomona–Claremont line||3.22||Towne Avenue to I-10||East end of state maintenance.|
|Claremont||4.16||Indian Hill Boulevard|
|Upland||0.58||Central Avenue to I-10|
|2.78||SR 83 (Euclid Avenue) to I-10|
|Rancho Cucamonga||4.08||Grove Avenue|
|9.80||I-15 (Ontario Freeway) – San Diego, Barstow||Interchange|
|West end of state maintenance|
|Rialto–San Bernardino line||20.14||Pepper Avenue|
|San Bernardino||22.41||Mount Vernon Avenue||Former US 66 east|
|23.05||I-215 (San Bernardino Freeway) – Riverside, Barstow||Interchange; former I-15E / US 91 / US 395|
|23.05||5th Street - Downtown San Bernardino||Continuation beyond I-215|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Portions of this route have been relinquished to or are otherwise maintained by local or other governments, and are not included in the length.
- Robert V. Droz. "east–west Routes". U.S. Highways. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- Staff. "State Truck Route List" (XLS file). California Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- "CA Codes (shc:250-257)". Leginfo.ca.gov. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- Thomas Brothers (2008). Los Angeles County Street Atlas (Map).
- Thomas Brothers (2008). San Bernardino County Street Atlas (Map).
- "CA Codes (shc:300-635)". Leginfo.ca.gov. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 66.|