Location in Bay County and the state of Florida
|• Mayor||Kenneth L. Meer|
|• Total||9.6 sq mi (24.8 km2)|
|• Land||9.0 sq mi (23.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|Elevation||33 ft (10 m)|
|• Density||1,500/sq mi (580/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0295171|
Callaway is a city in Bay County, Florida, United States, and is a suburb of Panama City. The population was 14,405 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Panama City–Lynn Haven–Panama City Beach Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Callaway is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 9.6 square miles (24.8 km2). 9.0 square miles (23.3 km2) of it is land and 0.58 square miles (1.5 km2) of it (5.94%) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 14,405 people, 5,541 households, and 4,006 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,503.5 inhabitants per square mile (965.8/km²). There were 6,590 housing units at an average density of 1,598.9 per square mile (418.5/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 71.1% White, 18.2% African American, 0.7% Native American, 4.1% Asian, 0.01% Native Hawaiians and 4.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.9% of the population.
There were 5,541 households out of which 36.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.6% were married couples living together, 13.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.7% were non-families. 22.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the city the population was spread out with 27.3% under the age of 18, 9.9% from 18 to 24, 31.6% from 25 to 44, 22.7% from 45 to 64, and 8.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 99.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.1 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $36,064, and the median income for a family was $41,509. Males had a median income of $27,773 versus $20,324 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,102. About 10.3% of families and 11.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.2% of those under age 18 and 7.7% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Callaway city, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Callaway city, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 14, 2012.