|City and Commune|
|• Alcalde||Nelson Esteban Venegas Salazar|
|• Total||321.7 km2 (124.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||768 m (2,520 ft)|
|Population (2012 Census)|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 + 34|
|Website||Municipality of Calle Larga|
As a commune, Calle Larga is a third-level administrative division of Chile, administered by a municipal council, headed by a directly elected alcalde, every four years. The 2008-2012 alcalde is Nelson Esteban Venegas Salazar, and the council has the following councilors:
- Ruth Sabina Guerra Guzmán (PDC)
- Víctor Manuel Jara Lopez (PRSD)
- Manuel Amar Amar (RN)
- Luis Alberto Gormas Pfeng (UDI)
- José Francisco Leiva Muñoz (PH)
- Carls Patricio Izquierdo Llanos (PDC)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, San Ignacio is represented in the Chamber of Deputies as a part of the 11th electoral district (together with Los Andes, San Esteban, Calle Larga, Rinconada, San Felipe, Putaendo, Santa María, Panquehue, Llaillay, Catemu). The commune is represented in the Senate as part of the 5th senatorial constituency (Valparaíso-Cordillera).
Calle Larga spans an area of 321.7 km2 (124 sq mi). The commune is bordered to the west by the commune of Rinconada, to the north and east by the commune of Los Andes and to the south by the Colina commune of the Santiago Metropolitan Region.
According to data from the 2002 Census of Population and Housing, the Calle Larga commune had 10,393 inhabitants; of these, 5,447 (52.4%) lived in urban areas and 4,946 (47.6%) in rural areas. At that time, there were 5,351 men and 5,042 women.
- "Municipality of Calle Larga" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 2007-05-05.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 2007-05-05.
- (Spanish) Municipality of Calle Larga