From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calliades may refer to:
- Calliades, mentioned by Herodotus (viii. 51) as archon eponymous of Athens at the time of the occupation of the city by the Persian army, 480 BC
- Calliades, a comic poet mentioned by Athenaeus (xiii. p. 577). Perhaps a mistake for Callias (comic poet).
- Probable original Greek for the Biblical (Philistine) name Goliath.
- Calliades, the name of two artists, a painter spoken of by Lucian (Dial. Meretr. 8, p. 300), and a statuary, who made a statue of the courtezan Naeaira .
- Calliades (genus), a genus of skipper butterflies.
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Smith, William, ed. (1867). "article name needed". Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.