Callista, also spelled as Calista, Callistee, Kallista, Kalista or Kallistee, comes from the Greek for "most beautiful (feminine)" (καλλίστη – kallístē).
As a name, it is derived from the Greek name of a huntress in the myth of Callisto, who was loved by Zeus. The name Callisto was changed to the common Callista for use as a name because in Latin Callista is the feminine form.
Callista may refer to:
- Callista (mollusc), a genus of bivalve, see List of molluscs of the Houtman Abrolhos
- Callista Lour., a synonym of Dendrobium, an orchid genus
- Callista D.Don, a synonym of Erica, a heath or heather genus
- A SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron character, the presumed ancestor of Deputy Mayor Callie Briggs
- Callista (novel), 1855 novel by John Henry Newman
- Callista Ming, a character in the Star Wars Expanded Universe
- Callista Henderson Tyrol AKA Callandra or Cally, fictional character from the Battlestar Galactica series
- A main character from the video game The Last Story
- Callista Balko, American athlete
- Callista Chimombo, Malawian politician
- Calista Flockhart, American actress
- Callista Gingrich, wife of Newt Gingrich
- Callista Roy, American nursing theorist
- 204 Kallisto, an S-type asteroid which was discovered in 1879
- Callisto (moon), one of the moons of Jupiter, discovered in 1610
- Calista (steamboat), a small steamboat of the Puget Sound Mosquito Fleet
- Calista (disambiguation)
- Callisto (disambiguation)
- Calisto (disambiguation)
- Callistus (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Callista.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.