|Full name||Callum Jeffrey McFadzean|
|Date of birth||1 April 1994|
|Place of birth||Waterthorpe, Sheffield, England|
(on loan from Sheffield United)
|2013–2014||→ Chesterfield (loan)||4||(0)|
|2014||→ Burton Albion (loan)||7||(1)|
|2014–||→ Burton Albion (loan)||8||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:00, 4 October 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Callum Jeffrey McFadzean (born 1 April 1994) is a footballer who plays as a midfielder for Burton Albion on loan from Sheffield United. Born in Sheffield, he came through the ranks at his home-town club, has also represented England at U16 level and had loan spells with Chesterfield and Burton Albion.
A product of Sheffield United's Academy McFadzean was a member of the team that reached the final of the FA Youth Cup in 2011, scoring in the first leg of the final against Manchester United. He was eventually promoted to the senior squad and made his professional début in the first game of the 2012–13 season, a League Cup tie against Burton Albion. Now on the fringes of the first team and regularly securing a place on the bench, McFadzean made his first start for the Blades in the Johnstones Paint Trophy against Coventry City at the Ricoh Arena. Following a handful of substitute appearances that season, McFadzean was handed a more prominent role by caretaker manager Chris Morgan following the departure of Danny Wilson in April 2012. After a number of first-team starts at the tail end of the season, McFadzean came off the bench to score the winning goal in the first leg of United's play-off semi-final against Yeovil Town. Following his successful end to the season McFadzean had had his contract with the Blades extended in June 2013.
McFadzean started the following season as part of the first team but was sidelined by injury during September. Following the arrival of new United manager Nigel Clough, McFadzean joined Chesterfield in November 2013 on a short-term loan. McFadzean returned to his parent club in January 2014 after making five appearances for Chesterfield, but remained out of United's first team picture, and in March 2014, McFadzean joined League Two side Burton Albion on an initial one month loan. McFadzean remained with Burton for the remainder of the season, scoring one goal and making ten appearances for his temporary employers, including playing in Burton's unsuccessful appearance in the play-off final at Wembley.
On 3 July 2014, McFadzean rejoined Burton Albion on a six-month loan deal. On 7 October 2014, McFadzean was ruled out for up to two-months after breaking his Fifth metatarsal bone in a match against Cambridge United.
McFadzean was born in Sheffield and continues to live in the Waterthorpe district of the city. He is the younger brother of Crawley Town defender Kyle McFadzean, who also started his career at Bramall Lane.
In October 2013 McFadzean was released on bail after being charged with two counts of assault and two counts of threatening behaviour after an incident in Sheffield city centre earlier the same month. McFadzean pleaded guilty to two charges of assault when his case came to court in November 2013, admitting to hitting one female friend and headbutting another while drunk. As a result he was given a community order with 12 months supervision.
- As of 7 October 2014
|Club||Season||League||League||FA Cup||League Cup||League Trophy||Play-offs||Total|
|Sheffield United||2012–13||League One||8||0||0||0||1||0||1||0||2||1||12||1|
|Sheffield United total||15||0||0||0||2||0||2||0||2||1||21||1|
|Chesterfield (loan)||2013–14||League Two||4||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||5||0|
|Burton Albion (loan)||2013–14||League Two||7||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||3||0||10||1|
|Burton Albion total||15||2||0||0||2||0||1||0||3||0||21||2|
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 44. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Blades 2–2 Man Utd – match report". Sheffield United F.C. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- "Shef Utd V Burton". BBC Sport. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "BladesVCoventry". BBC Sport. 4 December 2012. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "Games played by Callum McFadzean in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Callum McFadzean rewards faith of manager with key goal". The Times Online. 4 May 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2013.(subscription required)
- "Retained list". Sheffield United F.C. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Injured Miller set for his Blades comeback after nine months out". The Yorkshire Post. 26 September 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Sheffield United's Callum McFadzean joins Chesterfield". BBC Sport. 22 November 2013. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "Burton Albion sign Sheffield United midfielder Callum McFadzean on loan". Burton Mail. 21 March 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Games played by Callum McFadzean in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Burton Albion sign Callum McFadzean from Sheffield United on six-month loan". Derby Telegraph. 3 July 2014. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Burton Albion boss Gary Rowett disappointed for Callum McFadzean". Burton Mail. 7 October 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Callum McFadzean". The FA. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- "Blades youngster could be set for Scotland switch". Sheffield Telegraph. 22 November 2013. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "Sheffield United footballer admits drunken assaults". BBC News. 6 November 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "Player Profile: Callum McFadzean". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- "Sheffield United footballer Callum McFadzean charged with assault". BBC News. 22 October 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Sheffield United player guilty of assault". The Sheffield Star. 7 November 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- Callum McFadzean career stats at Soccerbase
- Official profile at Sheffield United F.C.
- England profile at theFA.com