|Born||Calum Milan Best
6 February 1981
San Jose, California
|Occupation||Television personality and model|
|Parents||Angie Best (mother)
George Best (father)
Best was born in San Jose, California, the son of Northern Ireland football legend George Best and his first wife Angie. He was raised in Los Angeles, where he became a model in his mid-teens. George Best was well known for his footballing skills and drinking problems; Calum Best is a patron of The National Association for Children of Alcoholics ("Nacoa"), a UK charity providing support to children affected by a parent's drinking. He moved to the UK when he was 21.
Best has taken part in the Reality TV shows Fool Around With on E4 and The Match on Sky One. In 2005 and 2006 he was featured in ITV1's Celebrity Love Island, winning the second series on 28 August 2006. Around this time he played himself in the final episode of ITV1's Footballers' Wives.
In September 2006, Best appeared in the ITV2 series Calum, Fran and Dangerous Danan, in which he was seen traveling with Paul Danan and Fran Cosgrave from Texas to Los Angeles on America's U.S. Route 66.
In late 2006, Best launched a men's fragrance called "Calum", stating "I had all the input into the smell. I chose the smell, I chose the bottle, I chose the packaging, the whole thing", the product is being made by Jigsaw ESL.
Calum went on to launch his second fragrance, called Best. After that success, Jigsaw ESL also manufactured his third fragrance called 'Day and Night'.
In 2009, he appeared as a guest judge in reality television show Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, in which he tested the contestants' flirting abilities. In November 2009, he presented the BBC TV Documentary Brought up By Booze: A Children in Need Special, which highlighted the plight of children brought up by alcoholic parents. Best drew upon his relationship with his own father in the making of the programme, which the BBC described as a 'raw and often distressing journey'.
Best filled in a spot for Ian Wright on Live from Studio Five on January 8, 2010. On 2 October 2010, Best appeared as a celebrity on All Star Family Fortunes along with Denise Welch, who was on the opposing team.
- The Eternal Portal. "George Best (The Belfast Boy) Online Memorial Tribute". theeternalportal.com. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- This Morning, 17 January 2014
- "Calum Best: My dad punched me in drunken rage", Belfast Telegraph, 12 November 2009. Accessed 13 December 2012.
- "RTÉ.ie Entertainment: Bianca and Calum Brazier are Love Island winners". rte.ie. 2006-08-29. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- Emma Nolan (2006-09-24). "Second Best at scoring and boozing - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- Barriaux, Marianne (2007-08-27). "Jade and Jordan boost the less sniffy end of scent market". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- "Calum Best Comes To MTV". MTV UK. 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- "BBC.co.uk Brought up By Booze: A Children in Need Special". BBC. 2009-11-11. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- N/A, N/A (20 April 2012). "Calum Best to celebrity host at Bingocams UK". bingocams.co.uk. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Watch out girls, Calum signs up for 'Celebrity Bainisteoir'". Evening Herald (Independent News & Media). 13 June 2012. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Calum Best is Moy Davitts Celebrity Bainisteoir". Mayo Today. 23 July 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- Helling, Steve (2007-05-14). "Lindsay Lohan & Calum Best's Romantic Escape - Lindsay Lohan". People. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- Ryan, Alexandra (9 January 2012). "Georgia's crude language on live tv as Big Brother turns sour for her". Evening Herald (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Lindsay Lohan enjoys a champagne night out with Lily Allen and girlfriend Sam in £300,000 limousine". Daily Mail. 14 November 2008. Retrieved 4 July 2009.