The Calvin–Hope rivalry is a college sports rivalry between the Hope College Flying Dutch of Holland, Michigan and the Calvin College Knights of Grand Rapids, Michigan which participate at the NCAA Division III level.
The men's basketball teams first played each other in 1920. Through March 2014, the men's basketball teams have played 187 times, with the Hope Flying Dutchmen leading with 98 wins to the Calvin Knights' 89 wins.
In women's basketball, Calvin leads the 49-year-old series 66-43 as of March 2014.
- Reynolds, Lauren (July 24, 2007). "No hate, just heat in Hope–Calvin rivalry". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- Behm, Jon (January 22, 2010). "Rivalry 93 years in making". Chimes (Calvin College Student Newspaper). Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- Beardsley, Howie (January 7, 2010). "Calvin men win bragging rights against Hope behind freshman Bryan Powell's 3s". The Grand Rapids Press. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- Renner, Tom and Jeff Febus (January 31, 2011). "Men's Rivalry: The History". calvinhope.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- Renner, Tom and Jeff Febus (January 28, 2011). "Women's Rivalry: The History". calvinhope.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- Behm, Jon (February 26, 2010). "The Calvin–Hope Rivalry: from obscurity to national limelight". Chimes (Calvin College Student Newspaper). Retrieved 2010-03-18.
|This article related to sports in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|