Gigandet at the WonderCon 2011
|Born||Cam Joslin Gigandet
August 16, 1982
Tacoma, Washington, US
|Partner(s)||Dominique Geisendorff (2007–present; engaged)|
Cam Joslin Gigandet (//; born August 16, 1982) is an American actor who has appeared in The O.C., Twilight, Never Back Down, Burlesque, Easy A, The Roommate and the films Priest and the sci-fi thriller Pandorum.
Gigandet was born in Tacoma, Washington, the son of Kim and Jay Gigandet, a co-owner of The Rock pizza franchise. After graduating from Auburn Senior High School in Auburn, Washington in 2001, he moved to California, where he attended Santa Monica College.
In 2003, Gigandet made his acting debut with a guest appearance in the crime television series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. In 2004 and 2005 Gigandet continued his television career with recurring roles in television shows such as The Young and The Restless and Jack and Bobby.
In 2006, Gigandet was cast as Kevin Volchok on the Fox teen drama television series The O.C., appearing in 15 episodes. Gigandet portrayed the role of Kevin, a bad boy and rebellious competitive surfer who develops a casual relationship with the rich socialite Marissa Cooper, portrayed by Mischa Barton. In August 2007, Gigandet was cast in the Summit Entertainment action drama film Never Back Down. He portrayed the role of the villainous bad boy and fighting champion Ryan McCarthy who sets out to take down the film's protagonist. Gigandet and co-star Sean Faris shared an award for "Best Fight" at the 2008 MTV Movie Awards. In December 2007, Summit Entertainment cast Gigandet in the planned film adaptation of the best selling vampire book series Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. He signed on to portray the role of the film's "tracker" vampire James. Gigandet received his second "Best Fight" award win at the 2009 MTV Movie Awards with Robert Pattinson.
In 2008, Gigandet won the award for "One to Watch" at the 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards. In August 2008, Gigandet signed on to the Screen Gems supernatural horror film The Unborn, portraying the role of the protagonist's love interest. Also in 2009, Gigandet starred as Corporal Gallo in the sci-fi thriller Pandorum. In 2009, Gigandet was cast alongside Leighton Meester and Minka Kelly in the thriller film The Roommate.
In 2010, Gigandet portrayed Micah, a 22-year old Christian high school student, in Easy A. That same year, Gigandet starred as the villainous prison guard Chase in the psychological straight-to-DVD thriller The Experiment. In 2010, Gigandet was cast in the film Burlesque. The film was written and directed by first-time director Steve Antin and starred Cher, Christina Aguilera and Stanley Tucci.
Gigandet and his fiancée Dominique Geisendorff welcomed their daughter, Everleigh Rae Gigandet, on April 14, 2009. In July 2012, the couple announced that they were expecting their second child. They welcomed their son Rekker Radley Gigandet on January 23, 2013.
|2007||Who's Your Caddy?||Mick|
|2008||Never Back Down||Ryan McCarthy||MTV Movie Award for Best Fight (shared with Sean Faris)|
|2008||American Crude||Kip Adams|
|2008||Twilight||James||MTV Movie Award for Best Fight (shared with Robert Pattinson)
Nominated – Best Villain Award – 2009 Scream Awards
|2009||Unborn, TheThe Unborn||Mark|
|2011||Five Star Day||Jake Gibson|
|2010||Experiment, TheThe Experiment||Chase|
|2011||Roommate, TheThe Roommate||Stephen Morterelli|
|2012||Tin Star, TheThe Tin Star||Jake Flynn||Post-production|
|2012||Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden||Stunner||Post-production|
|2013||Reckless||TV film, filming|
|2003||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Mark Young||Episode: "Feeling the Heat"|
|2004||Young and the Restless, TheThe Young and the Restless||Daniel Romalotti Jr||7 episodes|
|2005||Jack & Bobby||Randy Bongard||5 episodes|
|2005–06||O.C., TheThe O.C.||Kevin Volchok||Recurring character; 15 episodes (seasons 3-4)|
|2012||Seal Team 6: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden||Stunner||TV Movie|
|2013||Reckless||Roy Rayder||Lead character; 13 episodes, TV series, filming|
- "Cam Gigandet". The New York Times. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Twilight Finds Its Latest Victims: Nikki Reed, Rachelle Lefevre Added To Cast". MTV. February 14, 2008. Retrieved February 21, 2008.
- "Exclusive Interview: Pandorum's Cam Gigandet". Cinema Blend. September 24, 2009. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Famous Seattleites". Seattle Post Intelligencer. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Cam Gigandet Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Movie Review: Never Back Down (2008)". The New York Times. March 14, 2008. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Robert Pattinson's Best Fight Trophy 'Made Me Feel Really Tough', 'Twilight' co-star Cam Gigandet wins award for second consecutive year". MTV. June 1, 2009. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "'Twilight' Star Cam Gigandet Talks About Creepy Kids In 'Unborn,' Being Shirtless Onscreen". MTV. October 26, 2008. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "The True Identity of the (Seemingly) Miscreant Actor". Flaunt. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- Larry Carroll (September 21, 2009). "'Twilight' Star Cam Gigandet To Get 'Sexy' With Christina Aguilera In New Movie". IMDb. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- Matt Barone (October 10, 2011). "Interview: Cam Gigandet Talks "Trespass" And Going Head-To-Head Against Nicolas Cage". Complex. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- Jocelyn Vena (April 16, 2009). "Twilight Star Cam Gigandet Is A First-Time Dad". MTV. Retrieved April 16, 2009.
- "Baby No. 2 on the Way for Cam Gigandet". People. July 5, 2012. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- Natalie Finn (February 6, 2013). "Twilight's Cam Gigandet welcomes a son - find out the baby's name". E! Online. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- Mike Zimmerman. "Take Control". Men's Health. Retrieved February 28, 2009.
- "2009 Scream Award Nominations". Screen Rant. September 1, 2009. Retrieved July 6, 2012.