|Full name||Cameron Sinclair|
12 April 1984 |
Pearcedale, Victoria, Australia
|Sport||Motocross, Supercross, Freestyle Motocross|
|Event(s)||X Games, Dew Tour, Metal Mulisha, X Fighters|
He competed for the LG World Championship in 2008. He was injured while practicing for a double backflip in June 2008 and he was unable to compete until September 2008.
First double backflip in a Freestyle Run With Nick Swain
Sinclair and Swain landed the first double backflips in a freestyle motorcross run at the third event of the Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour 2009. It was a June 2009 event in Fort Worth, Texas. He landed two double backflips in the competition and finished third at the event. The double backflips were in the qualifier and quarterfinals.
2009 Madrid Crash
Sinclair was seriously injured in Madrid in July 2009 when he under rotated a double back flip. Cam was fighting for his life in a critical condition in Madrid. He suffered a broken shoulder, broken cheek bone, a ruptured liver and was knocked unconscious. Due to the rupture in his liver he had emergency surgery for internal bleeding, which was stopped by the surgeons. After retraining himself using therapy to walk and ride again, Sinclair is back competing, and he did one of the greatest comebacks in action sports history by successfully completing the double back flip again at X Games XVI, winning his first X Games gold medal in Moto X Best Trick.
- "Cam Sinclair to take on the world this weekend!". ESPN. 28 September 2008. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
- "Cam Sinclair Lands First Double Backflip in Freestyle Motocross Competition". Yahoo! Sports/Grind TV. 1 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
- "Aussie makes FMX history with double backflips in Texas!". Fullnoise. 28 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
- Leyba, Ryan (28 June 2009). "And the Winner is...". ESPN. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
- "Cam Sinclair Makes History with First X-Fighters Podium". Racer X Online. 29 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-22.