|Founded||11 September 2006|
|Commenced operations||28 March 2011|
|Hubs||Douala International Airport|
|Company slogan||L’étoile du Cameroun
(The Star of Cameroon)
|Key people||Frédéric Mbotto Edimo (General Director)
Emmanuel Mbozo'o Ndo (Deputy General Director)
The Cameroon Airlines Corporation, trading as Camair-Co, is an airline from Cameroon, serving as flag carrier of the country, a role which was previously filled by the now-defunct Cameroon Airlines. Camair-Co is based in Douala and operates out of Douala International Airport.
Camair-co was created on 11 September 2006 by decree of Paul Biya, the President of Cameroon, as a company aimed at replacing Cameroon Airlines, the country's national airline at that time. Cameroon Airlines was shut down in June 2008, but it took until 2011 for Camair-Co to launch flight services. The inaugural flight from Douala to Paris via Yaoundé took place on 28 March.
Camair-Co is 49% owned by the Cameroon government.
Camair-Co has been loss-making since its creation. Financial and other trends for Camair-Co (for years ending 31 December) are:
|Net profit (XOFbn)||−9||−||−|
|Net profit (US$m)||−18.1||−||−|
|Number of employees (at year end)||<400||520|
|Number of passengers (m)||0.1|
|Passenger load factor (%)||45|
|Number of aircraft (at year end)||3||3||3|
As of January 2013, Camair-Co offers scheduled flights to the following destinations:
- Cameroon – Cameroon
- Chad – Chad
- Gabon – Gabon
- Republic of the Congo – Republic of the Congo
- Benin – Benin
- Nigeria – Nigeria
- Equatorial Guinea – Equatorial Guinea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo – Kinshasa
- Ivory Coast – Abidjan
- France – France
- Paris – Charles de Gaulle Airport
As of April 2015, the Camair-Co fleet consists of the following aircraft with an average age of 10,8 years:.
|Boeing 787-8||0||2||-||-||242||Delivery: 2015|
|Xian MA60-600||2||-||-||50||50||Delivery: April 2015|
- "Mbozo'o Ndo en poste". Le Jour. 1 January 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Foreigners sweep top Camair-co jobs". The Standard Tribune. 5 February 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Cameroon's aviation market experiences strong growth driven by Camair-Co and regional competitors". Centre for Aviation. 23 September 2013.
- Tumanjong, Emmanuel (28 March 2011). "New Cameroon State Aviation Corp. Targets Chinese Skies". Nasdaq. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Atterissage définitif de la Camair". Les Afriques. 5 June 2008. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Camair.co: Le Cameroun reprend les airs". CamerPress: Agence camerounaise d'information. 28 March 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Our History". Camair-Co. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "New Cameroon national carrier Camair-Co fails to reach first year targets, but continues to grow". CAPA Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Camair-Co to embark on restructuring program". ch-aviation. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- Camair-Co timetable
- Fleetlist Camair-Co. ch-aviation.com. page visited 6 April 2015