|Traded as||NYSE: CBM|
|Founded||New Jersey (1981)|
|Headquarters||East Rutherford, NJ|
|Steven M. Klosk, CEO, President,
Gregory P. Sargen, CFO, Executive VP
Shawn P. Cavanagh, COO, Executive VP
William M. Haskel, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Sr.VP
Aldo Magnini, Managing Director, Cambrex Profarmaco Milano
|Revenue||$317.2 million USD (2013)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Innovation. Experience. Performance.|
Cambrex Corporation is a global, innovative life sciences company that provides products and services to accelerate the development and commercialization of small molecule active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
Cambrex has cGMP manufacturing facilities in the US (Charles City, IA), Europe (Karlskoga, Sweden, Milan, Italy and Hyderabad, India, and R&D centers in Tallinn, Estonia, Wiesbaden, Germany). The headquarters are located in East Rutherford, NJ.
In 2007, Cambrex divested their biologics business to Lonza to focus on small molecule APIs.
Cambrex was founded in 1981, when the CasChem group acquired the castor oil and derivatives product lines from NL Industries. In 1987, CasChem was renamed Cambrex Corporation and became listed on NASDAQ. Cambrex entered the pharmaceutical market in 1994 with the acquisition of Nobel Pharma Chemistry business, now known as Cambrex Karlskoga AB and Cambrex Profarmaco. Through multiple acquisitions during the late 1990s, Cambrex entered the bioscience and the chiral enzymatic catalyst markets. In 1998, Cambrex was listed on the NYSE. Cambrex acquired two contract biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities, in 2001, to bulk manufacture biologics and pharmaceutical ingredients from clinical to commercial scales. In 2007, Cambrex decided to focus on its core competencies and sold the biologics business to Lonza Group. In 2008, Prosyntest (now Cambrex Tallinn) was acquired, and Steve Klosk was appointed CEO, while remaining President. To broaden their biocatalysis platform, Cambrex acquired IEP, now known as Cambrex IEP. In 2014, Cambrex acquired Zenara Pharma to enhance its drug product formulation capabilities, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy products.
Products and Services
Custom API Manufacturing
Cambrex offers custom API development and manufacturing services for toxicology studies, clinical studies and for commercial supply.
- Route selection, development and optimization
- Process and analytical development and validation
- Safety and toxicology assessments
- Stability methods and testing
- Analytical method development and validation
- cGMP kilo and pilot plans
- cGMP commercial production
- Scale-up and tech transfer
- Regulatory filing support
Generic APIs and Intermediates
Cambrex commercially supplies over 100 generic APIs and intermediates for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.Cambrex provides European and US intellectual property rights evaluations, and early development work using non-patent infringing processes.
Drug Product Formulations
Cambrex provides product development and manufacturing services for solid oral dosage forms, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
Specialized API Services
- US DEA Schedule II-V development and manufacturing
- Distribution and importation licenses
- Over 20 Drug Master Files
Highly Potent Compounds
- Cytotoxic and cytostatic
- Development and manufacturing to < 1 ug/m3 OEL
- Toxicology to commercial quantities
- Dedicated development lab and resources
High Energy Chemistry
- Remote controlled EMP production facility
- Hazardous material process lab
- Testing to ensures safe handling,m storage and transport
- Continuous and batch reaction processes
- Enzyme screening with proprietary library
- Route scouting, process development and enzyme manufacture
- Manufacture of chiral products, APIs or intermediates