Location of Cambridge, Kansas
|• Total||0.17 sq mi (0.44 km2)|
|• Land||0.17 sq mi (0.44 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,253 ft (382 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||84|
|• Density||482.4/sq mi (186.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0469897|
Cambridge is located at  According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.17 square miles (0.44 km2), all of it land. Cambridge is located on US Route 160 at State Highway 7. The community is 45 miles southeast of Wichita.(37.317323, -96.667085).
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Cambridge has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2010, there were 82 people, 39 households, and 28 families residing in the city. The population density was 482.4 inhabitants per square mile (186.3/km2). There were 58 housing units at an average density of 341.2 per square mile (131.7/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 98.8% White and 1.2% Native American. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.2% of the population.
There were 39 households of which 25.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.5% were married couples living together, 2.6% had a female householder with no husband present, 7.7% had a male householder with no wife present, and 28.2% were non-families. 28.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.10 and the average family size was 2.54.
The median age in the city was 50.5 years. 19.5% of residents were under the age of 18; 1.2% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 18.3% were from 25 to 44; 41.5% were from 45 to 64; and 19.5% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 51.2% male and 48.8% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 103 people, 46 households, and 31 families residing in the city. The population density was 592.1 people per square mile (233.9/km²). There were 55 housing units at an average density of 316.2 per square mile (124.9/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 95.15% White, 0.97% African American, and 3.88% from two or more races.
There were 46 households out of which 17.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.2% were married couples living together, 15.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.6% were non-families. 28.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 19.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.24 and the average family size was 2.71.
In the city the population was spread out with 17.5% under the age of 18, 8.7% from 18 to 24, 24.3% from 25 to 44, 28.2% from 45 to 64, and 21.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 80.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 77.1 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $38,125, and the median income for a family was $53,500. Males had a median income of $25,625 versus $24,167 for females. The per capita income for the city was $19,413. There were 20.0% of families and 21.9% of the population living below the poverty line, including 47.1% of under eighteens and 42.9% of those over 64.
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved March 6, 2011.
- "Profile for Cambridge, Kansas". ePodunk. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961 (archived)". Kansas Historical Society. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Blackmar, Frank Wilson (1912). Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, Industries, Counties, Cities, Towns, Prominent Persons, Etc. Standard Publishing Company. p. 274.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Cambridge, Kansas
- History of Cowley County Kansas; D.A. Millington / E.P. Greer; Winfield Courier; 162 pages; 1901. (Download 16MB PDF eBook)
- History of the State of Kansas; William G. Cutler; A.T. Andreas Publisher; 1883. (Online HTML eBook)
- Kansas : A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, Industries, Counties, Cities, Towns, Prominent Persons, Etc; 3 Volumes; Frank W. Blackmar; Standard Publishing Co; 944 / 955 / 824 pages; 1912. (Volume1 - Download 54MB PDF eBook), (Volume2 - Download 53MB PDF eBook), (Volume3 - Download 33MB PDF eBook)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cambridge, Kansas.|
- USD 462, local school district