Cambridge Bay Airport
|Cambridge Bay Airport|
|IATA: YCB – ICAO: CYCB
– WMO: 71925
|Owner/Operator||Government of Nunavut|
|Location||Cambridge Bay, Nunavut|
|Time zone||MST (UTC−07:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC−06:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||102 ft / 31 m|
|Source: Canada Flight Supplement and Transport Canada
Movements from Statistics Canada.
In December 2005 the Government of Nunavut announced that they would spend $18 million to pave the runway.
On 14 May 2008 a press release from the then Premier of Nunavut, Paul Okalik, and Member of the Legislative Assembly, Keith Peterson, indicated that over the next three years the runway would be widened and lengthened.
Airlines and destinations
|Canadian North||Gjoa Haven, Kugaaruk, Kugluktuk, Taloyoak, Yellowknife|
|First Air||Gjoa Haven, Kugaaruk, Kugluktuk, Taloyoak, Yellowknife
|Air Tindi||Charter and MEDIVAC|
|Canadian North||Hope Bay
Seasonal: Doris Lake
|Helicopter Transport Services||North Warning System contract|
|Kitikmeot Helicopters||Charters, joint operation with Great Slave Helicopters|
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 29 May 2014 to 0901Z 24 July 2014
- Airport Divestiture Status Report
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- Nunatsiaq News
- Government of Nunavut to improve Cambridge Bay Airport
- Flight Schedule and Route Map.
- First Air interactive weather/route map
- Canadian Helicopter loses U.S. air force contract
- Kitikmeot Air
- Great Slave Helicopters – Partners
- Kitikmeot Helicopters
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cambridge Bay Airport.|
- Page about this airport on COPA's Places to Fly airport directory
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Cambridge Bay Airport from Nav Canada as available.