Cambridge Township, Michigan
|Cambridge Township, Michigan|
Township Offices, M-50 & Onsted Highway
|• Total||35.5 sq mi (91.9 km2)|
|• Land||32.0 sq mi (82.9 km2)|
|• Water||3.5 sq mi (9.0 km2)|
|Elevation||971 ft (296 m)|
|• Density||165.5/sq mi (63.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||49265 (Onsted)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626026|
- The village of Onsted is in the southern part of the township.
- Springville is an unincorporated community on M-50 in the central portion of the township at . A post office operated from January 21, 1835, until August 31, 1905.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.5 square miles (92 km2), of which 32.0 square miles (83 km2) is land and 3.5 square miles (9.1 km2) is water, a total of 9.80%.
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,299 people, 1,996 households, and 1,566 families residing in the township. The population density was 165.5 per square mile (63.9/km²). There were 2,686 housing units at an average density of 83.9 per square mile (32.4/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.30% White, 0.15% African American, 0.36% Native American, 0.26% Asian, 0.66% from other races, and 1.26% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.02% of the population.
There were 1,996 households out of which 33.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.8% were married couples living together, 6.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.5% were non-families. 17.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.65 and the average family size was 3.01.
In the township the population was spread out with 25.8% under the age of 18, 6.1% from 18 to 24, 27.8% from 25 to 44, 29.1% from 45 to 64, and 11.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 99.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $59,450, and the median income for a family was $70,246. Males had a median income of $52,005 versus $26,605 for females. The per capita income for the township was $26,705. About 2.5% of families and 3.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.3% of those under age 18 and 2.5% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Cambridge Township, Michigan". Geographic Names Information System. U.S. Geological Survey.
- "Springville, Michigan". Geographic Names Information System. U.S. Geological Survey.
- "Springville Post Office (historical)". Geographic Names Information System. U.S. Geological Survey.
- Lenawee County government site
- Complete text of History of Lenawee County published in 1909 by the Western Historical Society