Cambridge Montessori school
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2011)|
Cambridge Montessori School is a private American Montessori Society[certifications 1] and Association of Independent Schools of New England[certifications 2] certified private Montessori school that was founded in 1963 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It offers preschool, kindergarten, primary, and elementary school education.
As of 2012, Cambridge Montessori School has grown to 221 students with three distinct campuses. The Toddler/Primary Building (toddler through kindergarten) is on Garden Street adjacent to Danehy Park. The Elementary Building (grades 1-6) is on the other side of Danehy park on Sherman Street. The Middle School (grades 7-8) and arts programs are also on Sherman Street, directly across from the park.
- Toddler Program - For children 21 months through age 3. Activities are changed regularly in response to children’s need for variety and challenge.
- Primary Program - The Primary program is for children from 3 to 6 years. It is a mixed-age environment where children spend three years in the same classroom.
- Elementary Program - For students 6 to 12 years old, is organized as two three-year cycles: Lower Elementary for 6-9 year old students and Upper Elementary for 9-12 year old students.
- Middle School Program - For students 12 to 14 years old. It includes a two year interdisciplinary curriculum inside and outside of the classroom.
- Passport Program - Includes Early Care, After School Care, Clubs, Athletics and Camps (Summer and School vacation).
Faculty and staff
- Dr. Ingrid Tucker - Head of School
- 15 full and part-time admin and support staff
- 45 full and part-time teachers
- Official Cambridge Montessori website (CMS)
- CMS review from Association of Independent Schools in New England
- American Montessori Society Accreditation list
- CMS Toddler Program
- CMS Primary Program
- CMS Elementary Program
- CMS Middle School Program
- CMS Passport Program
- Association of Independent Schools in New England
- American Montessori Society