Camden Property Trust
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (February 2011)|
|Traded as||NYSE: CPT|
|Industry||Real Estate Investment Trust|
|Headquarters||Eleven Greenway Plaza
Houston, Texas, U.S.
Number of employees
Camden Property Trust is a Houston, TX based Real Estate Investment Trust that owns and operates apartment communities in the United States. According to the company's website, it owns 180 apartment communities made up of 62,266 units.
|CEO||Richard J. Campo|
|President||D. Keith Oden|
|COO||H. Livulu Larry|
|SVP - Finance and CFO||Alexander Jessett|
|SVP - Construction||Stephen R. Hefner|
|SVP - HR||Cynthia B. Scharringhausen|
|SVP - Real Estate Investments||William W. Sengelmann|
|SVP - Strategic Services||Kristy Simonette|
In 1982, Ric Campo and Keith Oden, founded what is now Camden Property Trust. The company focused on the booming Houston condominium market. When the Houston real estate market imploded in the mid-1980s due to the great oil bust, the development company converted the condominiums as apartments. In 1993, Camden completed their Initial Public Offering. In 1997, Camden acquired Paragon Group, Inc. In 1998, Camden acquired Oasis Residential, Inc. In 2005, Camden acquired Summit Properties, Inc.
Camden buys and develops land, builds apartment homes, and manages apartment communities.
- In 2008, it was recognized by Fortune Magazine as #50 in the 100 Best Companies To Work For list.
- In 2009, it was recognized by Fortune Magazine as #41 in the 100 Best Companies To Work For list.
- In 2010, it was recognized by Fortune Magazine as #10 in the 100 Best Companies To Work For list.
- In 2011, it was recognized by Fortune Magazine as #7 in the 100 Best Companies To Work For list.
- Tkaczyk, Christopher (June 16, 2014). "Pass Go, Collect Dough". Fortune: 28.