Camden Township, Lorain County, Ohio
|Camden Township, Ohio|
Municipalities of Lorain County, Ohio
|• Total||20.1 sq mi (52.0 km2)|
|• Land||20.0 sq mi (51.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||863 ft (263 m)|
|• Density||76.5/sq mi (29.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086504|
Camden Township is one of the eighteen townships of Lorain County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,530 people in the township, 1,265 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in western Lorain County, it borders the following townships:
- Henrietta Township - north
- New Russia Township - northeast corner
- Pittsfield Township - east
- Wellington Township - southeast corner
- Brighton Township - south
- Clarksfield Township, Huron County - southwest
- Wakeman Township, Huron County - west
The village of Kipton is located in northern Camden Township.
Name and history
It is the only Camden Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Lorain County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 14 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.