Belford in 2013
|Full name||Cameron Dale Belford|
|Date of birth||16 October 1988|
|Place of birth||Nuneaton, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2006||→ Tamworth (loan)||1||(0)|
|2007–2008||→ Worcester City (loan)||22||(0)|
|2012||→ Southend United (loan)||13||(0)|
|2012||→ Southend United (loan)||4||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Accrington Stanley (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:00, 10 May 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, Belford started his career at Coventry City and had a brief loan spell at Conference National side Tamworth during the 2006–07 season playing one game against Morecambe, where Tamworth lost 1–0 - his father Dale was on the substitutes' bench as back up goalkeeper. Belford returned to Coventry soon after the match and was assigned squad number 43, but was released by City in May 2007, without having made a first team appearance.
In August 2007, Belford joined League Two side Bury on a one-year contract. With a lack of first team opportunities at Gigg Lane, Belford joined Conference North team Worcester City on loan for a month on 30 November, becoming one of Richard Dryden's first signings. He made his City debut on 2 December against Barrow at St George's Lane; the game was drawn 1–1. After impressing in the following games his loan spell with Worcester was extended until the end of the season. His impressive form continued for City and he won the club's player of the month award for March. In April 2008, Bury manager Alan Knill offered Belford a contract for the 2008–09 season. and he was recalled from his loan spell at the same time. He appeared in 22 league and 2 cup games for Worcester City.
On 3 May 2008, Belford made his debut as a 75th minute substitute against Accrington Stanley at the Crown Ground replacing Jim Provett with Bury winning the game 2–0. In October 2009 Belford impressed many against Rotherham United when he came on after 27 minutes into the first half when first team goalkeeper Wayne Brown came off injured. He made a number of fine saves and denied Ian Sharps from scoring a late equalizer. He kept the score down to 2–1 to Bury.
In the 2010–11 season he had established a number one goalkeeper spot after some fine performances in the latter part of the season before.
Belford scored his first goal for Bury in a penalty shoot out in a Football League Trophy tie against Shrewsbury Town after calmly saving a Danny O'Donnell spot kick and slotting home the preceding kick himself. The shootout finished 6–5 to Bury. On 23 October 2010 during a League Two game against Sothend United Belford suffered a serious facial injury in a collision with an opposition forward. The injury was a fractured cheek bone so manager Alan Knill brought in Owain Fon Williams to replace Belford. On 25 April 2011, Belford played and helped Bury gain promotion to League One in a 3-2 win at Chesterfield, during which he was victim of an assault on his problem cheekbone from a Chesterfield youth during a pitch invasion after Chesterfield's equalising second goal. On 3 March 2012, Belford joined League Two side Southend United on a one-month loan as cover for Glenn Morris. During that spell he helped the Shrimpers reach the League Two play-offs but was unable to help them progress beyond the semi-final stage.
On 14 August 2012, Belford returned to Southend for a second loan spell. He was brought in as Southend had no first choice goalkeeper prior to their League Cup fixture against Peterborough United. However, he made only 3 appearances after Southend signed Paul Smith to be their first choice goalkeeper. Once his loan spell finished, he returned to Bury, but ironically the next week Smith was injured in a match against Gillingham. Belford declined the opportunity to return to Southend for a third loan spell.
- Hugman, Barry J. (ed) (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream. p. 40. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Tamworth 0-1 Morecambe". BBC Sport. 30 December 2006. Retrieved 13 August 2007.
- "The Championship form guide". BBC Sport. 6 August 2007. Retrieved 13 August 2007.
- "Bury snap up Richardson & Belford". BBC Sport. 12 August 2007. Retrieved 13 August 2007.
- "New City boss adds reinforcements". BBC Sport. 30 November 2007. Retrieved 3 May 2008.
- "City 1 Barrow 1". Worcester News. 30 November 2007. Retrieved 3 May 2008.
- "Keeper Belford extends City stay". BBC Sport. 2 January 2008. Retrieved 3 May 2008.
- "Belford returns to Bury". Worcester News. 18 April 2008. Retrieved 3 May 2008.
- "Danks prepared to leave Worcester". BBC Sport. 21 April 2008. Retrieved 3 May 2008.
- "Worcester City Player Cameron Belford". The Worcester City FC Archive. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- "Accrington Stanley 0-2 Bury". BBC Sport. 3 May 2008. Retrieved 3 May 2008.
- "Arrests after Bury goalkeeper assault". BBC News. 25 April 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Southend bring in Bury goalkeeper Cameron Belford". BBC Sport. 3 March 2012. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- "Belford returns on loan". Southend United Official Website. 14 August 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Southend United sign Cameron Belford on loan from Bury for second time". Southend Standard. 14 August 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Southend United's Daniel Bentley pleased with his ‘perfect day’". Southend Standard. 25 September 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Accrington Stanley sign Bury's Cameron Belford on loan". BBC. 29 December 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "How Tamworth keeps on producing great 'keepers". This is Tamworth. 25 November 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2013.