Stewart in June 2011
|Born||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Batman and Robin
The Other Side
Stewart is best known for his work on Catwoman with writer Ed Brubaker, numerous collaborations with writer Grant Morrison, including Batman and Robin, Seaguy, and Seven Soldiers: The Manhattan Guardian, and The Other Side, a miniseries about the Vietnam war (written by Jason Aaron), for which he travelled to Vietnam for research. The Other Side was nominated for an Eisner Award in the Best Limited Series category of 2007.
He illustrated issues 7-9 of Batman and Robin, a storyline entitled "Blackest Knight", written by Grant Morrison. He returned to Batman and Robin with issue #16, drawing the first half of Morrison's final issue.
In September 2009 he won the 2009 "Outstanding WebComic Creator/Creative Team" Shuster Award for Sin Titulo, a serialized long-form webcomic he writes and draws. Sin Titulo is a neo-noir mystery thriller with elements of autobiography. In July 2010 he won the 2010 "Best Digital Comic" Eisner Award for Sin Titulo.
Along with Kagan McLeod, Ben Shannon, Steven Murray, and Chip Zdarsky, he is a co-founder of the studio The Royal Academy of Illustration and Design. He is also a co-founder of the Transmission-X webcomics collective.
Stewart created drawings which appeared in a comic book-style animation sequence at the end of the music video for Canadian pop singer Skye Sweetnam's song "Human", the first single from her sophomore album Sound Soldier.
- Superman Adventures (DC Comics):
- The Invisibles v3 #2: "The Moment of the Blitz" (with Grant Morrison, among other artists, Vertigo, 2000)
- Catwoman #12-16, 20-22 (with Ed Brubaker, DC Comics, 2002–2003)
- Tales of the Vampires #1: "Stacy" (with Joss Whedon, DC Comics, 2003)
- B.P.R.D. (Dark Horse):
- Seaguy (with Grant Morrison, Vertigo):
- Seaguy #1-3 (2004)
- Seaguy: The Slaves of Mickey Eye #1-3 (2009)
- Seaguy: Eternal #1-3 (tbr)
- Human Target #17: "You Made Me Love You" (with Peter Milligan, Vertigo, 2005)
- Seven Soldiers: Manhattan Guardian #1-4 (with Grant Morrison, DC Comics, 2005)
- Tomorrow Stories Special: "Jonni Future: Jack O'Nines 19 Incarnations!" (with Steve Moore, one-shot, America's Best Comics, 2005)
- The Other Side #1-4 (with Jason Aaron, Vertigo, 2006–2007)
- Pushing Daisies #0: "You've Been Outbid" (with Bryan Fuller, Wildstorm, 2007)
- The Apocalipstix (with Ray Fawkes, graphic novel, Oni Press, 2008)
- Batman & Robin (with Grant Morrison, DC Comics):
- Prince of Persia: Before the Sandstorm #4 (with Jordan Mechner and Tom Fowler, Dynamite, 2010)
- Assassin's Creed: The Fall #1-3 (script and art, with Karl Kerschl, Wildstorm, 2011)
- Suicide Girls (with Steve Niles, Brea and Zane Austin Grant, IDW Publishing):
- "Suicidegirls 1692" (in #1, 2011)
- "Part 4" (in #4, 2011)
- Batman: Leviathan Strikes!: "Chapter 1: The School of Night" (with Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham, one-shot, DC Comics, 2011)
- Green Arrow #33 (DC Comics, 2004)
- Batman: The 12 Cent Adventure #1 (DC Comics, 2004)
- Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man #17-20 (Marvel, 2006)
- Marvel Adventures: The Avengers #9-12 (Marvel, 2007)
- Wolverine: First Class #17 (Marvel, 2009)
- Suicide Girls #2-3 (IDW Publishing, 2011)
- Batman Incorporated v2 #2 (DC Comics, 2012)
- Justice League #13 (DC Comics, 2012)
- The Apocalipstix
- RAGNA-ROCK: Fawkes & Stewart on "The Apocalipstix", Comic Book Resources, June 11, 2008
- EXCLUSIVE: The Apocalipstix 50-Page Preview, Comic Book Resources, June 12, 2008
- George, Richard (September 11, 2009). "Introducing the Third Batman and Robin Artist". IGN. Retrieved September 14, 2009.
- "2009 Nominees and Winners". Joe Shuster Awards. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cameron Stewart.|
- Official website
- Cameron Stewart at the Comic Book DB
- Official blog
- Sin Titulo, a web comic he writes and draws
- Mindlessones: 13 Questions With Cameron Stewart
- Interview with Cameron Stewart about Seaguy
- Radio Interview with Cameron Stewart and Jason Aaron about The Other Side