Talbot as a New York Ranger.
July 5, 1987 |
Caledonia, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL team||New York Rangers|
|Competitor for Canada East|
|World Junior A Challenge|
Talbot played college hockey at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. In the 2009–10 season, he was named to the All-College Hockey America Second Team and was named Most Valuable Player in the CHA Tournament, while leading the Chargers to a berth in the NCAA Tournament.
On March 30, 2010, the NHL's New York Rangers signed Talbot as a free agent. He was promoted to the Rangers on February 28, 2011, after playing the majority of the 2010–11 season with the 2Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League (AHL) (he also played two ECHL games with the Greenville Road Warriors) and was returned to the Whale on March 3, 2011.
Talbot played the 2011–12 season with Connecticut, but after Connecticut was eliminated from the AHL playoffs, Talbot was added to the Rangers' Stanley Cup playoff roster. After the 2012–13 Whale season, he was again added to the Rangers' playoff roster. Talbot was again called up to the Rangers on October 15, 2013, after Martin Biron was demoted to the AHL, finding himself a place in the NHL for the first time as the backup to starter Henrik Lundqvist. Talbot made his on-ice NHL debut on October 24 in a 2–1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. His first NHL win came in his next game, against the Detroit Red Wings, on October 26, 2013, and he earned his first NHL shutout against the Montreal Canadiens on November 16, 2013. In the 2014 playoffs, Talbot twice entered to relieve Lundqvist en route to the Rangers' Eastern Conference title before ultimately falling to the Los Angeles Kings in the Finals.
For the 2014–15 season, Talbot began the year as the Rangers' backup goaltender, and in his first eight games played, he recorded three shutouts, matching his total from the entire previous season.
On February 3, 2015, Talbot became New York's temporary starting goaltender after Henrik Lundqvist suffered a ruptured blood vessel in his neck. Talbot started the Rangers' next 24 games until March 27, when Lundqvist returned to the lineup. During Lundqvist's absence, Talbot recorded a 17–4–3 record, including two shutout wins and three overtime wins. For his remarkable efforts towards New York's Presidents' Trophy-winning season, he received the Steve McDonald Extra Effort Award on April 6.
|2004–05||Hamilton Red Wings||OPJHL||19|
|2005–06||Hamilton Red Wings||OPJHL||35||25||13||1||—||2046||87||1||2.55||.908|
|2006–07||Hamilton Red Wings||OPJHL||28||19||5||2||—||1644||57||1||2.08||.918|
|2009–10||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||1||0||0||—||0||19||3||0||9.70||.727|
|2010–11||Hartford Wolf Pack/Connecticut Whale||AHL||22||11||9||—||2||1308||62||2||2.84||.902|
|2010–11||Greenville Road Warriors||ECHL||2||1||0||—||1||122||5||0||2.46||.921|
|2013–14||New York Rangers||NHL||21||12||6||—||1||1211||33||3||1.64||.941|
|2005–06||Hamilton Red Wings||OPJHL||14||8||6||903||52||1||3.46||.891|
|2006–07||Hamilton Red Wings||OPJHL||19||13||6||1243||51||0||2.46||.923|
|2013–14||New York Rangers||NHL||2||0||1||46||2||0||2.61||.846|
- "Talbot beat odds to get NHL contract". New York Rangers. June 18, 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- "Cam Talbot". The Hockey News. Archived from the original on November 2, 2013. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- Rangers add free agent goalie Talbot – New York Rangers – News
- "Premier 'AA' Hockey League | Five debuts give ECHL 520 players to reach NHL". The Echl. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "Goalie Talbot called up from Greenville". New York Rangers. February 28, 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- "Johnson called up from Connecticut". New York Rangers. March 3, 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- Gourlie, M. (May 15, 2012). "McIlrath added to Rangers playoff roster". Moose Jaw Times-Herald. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Rangers call up 10 players from Whale". New York Rangers. April 28, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- Cerny, Jim (October 15, 2013). "J.T. Miller and Cam Talbot Join Rangers". Blueshirts United. Archived from the original on October 24, 2013. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Cerny, Jim (October 23, 2013). "Wednesday Practice Report: Talbot In For Hurt Lundqvist In Philly". Blueshirts United. Archived from the original on October 24, 2013. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Wisniwski, M. (October 24, 2013). "Coburn's goal gives Flyers 2-1 win over Rangers". Associated Press. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- "Brassard's OT goal gives Rangers win over Detroit". Associated Press. October 26, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- Leonard, P. (October 26, 2013). "Derick Brassard scores game-winning goal to lift NY Rangers past Red Wings". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- Murphy, J. (November 17, 2013). "Talbot's shutout gives Rangers rare win in Montreal". NHL.com. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "Rangers backup G Cam Talbot injured, out for Stanley Cup finals opener; untested Leneveu is in". Fox News. 2014-06-04. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- Cam Talbot's player profile at NHL.com
- Cameron Talbot's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Cam Talbot's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
|Awards and achievements|
|CHA Most Valuable Player in Tournament