|Opening theme||Camila sung by Eduardo Capetillo|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||90|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original run||14 September 1998 – 15 January 1999|
|Preceded by||Vivo Por Elena|
|Followed by||Nunca Te Olvidaré|
This page refers to the 1998 soap opera. For the 1984 Argentinian movie see Camila.
Camila is a Mexican romantic drama telenovela produced by and originally broadcast on Televisa in 1998. It is a remake of Viviana, a Mexican telenovela from 1978. It starred Bibi Gaytán, Eduardo Capetillo, and Adamari López and is the story of a simple country girl brought to the big city, but abandoned when her new husband bigamously marries his employer's daughter.
Camila Flores (Gaytán) lives with her grandfather in a small village. She meets Mexico City attorney, Miguel Gutierrez (Capetillo), and they quickly fall in love and are married in a civil ceremony.
Their church wedding is planned to be a few weeks later, but it never takes place. Miguel abandons his new wife to marry Mónica Iturralde (López), the spoiled daughter of powerful lawyer Don Armando Iturralde (Lizalde). Racked by guilt in a loveless (and bigamous) marriage, Miguel is torn between his love for Camila and his fear of returning to the poverty that he has spent so much energy escaping.
Meanwhile, Camila finds out she is pregnant and resolves to raise her child by herself and to never forgive her husband.
Mónica rapidly becomes disillusioned with her marriage, and she falls in love with Julio (Kuno Becker), the son of the owners of a local beauty salon and gym. The gym is one of the main locations where the action takes place, as Camila is employed there before her pregnancy becomes noticeable.
Ada (Dinorah Cavazos) is soon a good friend of Camila's, while Selene (Lourdes Reyes) sees Camila as a rival for Julio's affection. Rodrigo (Xavier Ortiz) has his advances rejected by Camila and helps Selene frame her for a theft.
The Iturralde Law Firm is also central to the action, as is Don Armando's home, where his wife Ana María (Gabriela Goldsmith) fights a long-term illness.
- Bibi Gaytán as Camila Flores
- Eduardo Capetillo as Miguel Gutierrez
- Adamari López as Mónica Iturralde
- Enrique Lizalde as Armando Iturralde
- Gabriela Goldsmith as Ana Maria Iturralde
- Kuno Becker as Julio Galindo
- Daniel Gaurvy as Hernan Galindo
- Rafael Inclan as Luis Lavalle
- Patricia Martínez as Rosario Juarez
- Rebeca Mankita as Natalia Galindo
- Maleni Morales as Mercedes Escobar
- Martha Navarro as Digna
- Raquel Pankowsky as Gloria
- Arlette Pacheco as Iris Molina
- Manuel Guizar as Dr. Fuentes
- Lisette Morelos as Ingrid
- Enrique Becker as Artemio
- Myrrha Saavedra as Señora Urquidi