Camila Alire, Past-President of the American Library Association for 2009–2010
In 2012 President Obama appointed Camila Alire as Member, National Council on the Humanities. 
- Serving Latino Communities(Rev. ed.). Monograph co-authored with Jacqueline Ayala. Neal-Schumann Publishing Co., (2007).
- Academic Librarians as Emotional Intelligence Leaders. Monograph co-authored with Peter Hernon and Joan Giesecke. Westport, Connecticut: Libraries Unlimited, (2007).
Charting our Future: Advocating to Advance Academic Libraries in College and Research Libraries News. Vol. 55, No. 8, September 2005.
- Ask Camila [Alire]: It Can Be Done! Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine, November 7, 2005, p. 11. http://www.hispanicoutlook.com
- “The Library Professional” in Perspectives, Insights & Priorities: 17 Leaders Speak Freely of
Librarianship.(Norman Horrocks, ed.) (Lanham, Maryland: Scarecrow Press, Inc.), 2005.
- “Two Intriguing Practices to Library Management Theory: Common Sense and Humanistic
Applications,” Library Administration and Management, Vol. 18, No. 1, 2004.
- “The Silver Lining: Recovering from the Shambles of a Disaster,” Journal of Library Administration,
Vol. 38, No. 1 and 2, 2003.
- “The New Beginnings Program: A Retention Program for Junior Faculty of Color,” Journal of Library
Administration, Vol.33, No. 1 and 2, 2001.
- “Diversity and Leadership: The Color of Leadership,” Journal of Library Administration, Vol.32,
- Research Libraries in Colorado “Create Change. In ARL: A Bimonthly Report on Research Library
Issues and Actions from ARL, CNI, and SPARC, August, 2000. Co-authored with Jim Williams.
- Library Disaster Planning and Recovery Handbook, Neal-Schuman Publishing Company, New York,
(Editor) 2000. Wrote four chapters.
- Serving Latino Communities. Monograph co-authored with Orlando Archibeque. Neal-Schumann
Publishing Co., 1998.
- Ethnic Populations: A Model for Statewide Services, (28) American Libraries, November 1997: 38-40.
- Mentoring On My Mind: It Takes a Family to Graduate a Minority Library Professional, (28)
American Libraries, November 1997: 41. Hispanic Business Magazine, October 1997
- Recruitment and Retention of Librarians of Color: The Future.” In Creating Our Future: Essays on
Librarianship. (Sally Reed, ed.) (Jefferson, NC: McFarland and Co.), 1996.
- Equal Access for All: A Reaction to ‘A Nation Connected, In Envisioning a Nation Connected. (Betty Turock, ed.) (Chicago: ALA), 1996.
- Changing a Library Services Faculty Model: The Major & Minor (M & M) Approach, In ACRL
National Conference Proceedings, 1995. Co-authored.
- Recruitment of Minority Personnel in Libraries. In Culture Keepers II. Unity Through Diversity, Presentation, Conference Proceedings of the Second National Conference of African American Librarians. (Westwood, MA: Faxon), September 1995.
- Minorities and the Symbolic Potential of the Academic Library: Stewardship and Management Beyond Paternalism, College and Research Libraries, (56) November 1995: 509-517. Co-authored.
- Library Services to Ethnic Minority Populations - Long Range Plan, ERIC ED366 338. (Editor), August 1993.
- Futures: The Continued Search for Excellence, In Community College Libraries: A Pattern Of Excellence, (Roseanne Kalich, ed.). (Metuchen, NJ: Scarecrow Press), 1992.
- Collection Evaluation: ‘Where’s the Beef' in Community College Library Collections? In Community College Reference Services, (William Katz, ed.). (Metuchen, NJ: Scarecrow Press), 1992.
- Libraries, Lobbying, and Legislative Issues, Colorado Libraries (18/4), December 1992: 4-5. (Guest Editor).
- The Community College Library’s Role in the Recruitment and Retention of Minority Students, Colorado Libraries, (17/3) September 1991: 5-8.
- If You Don’t Know Which Road to Take, Any Road Will Get You There, Colorado Libraries, (17/3) September 1991: 20-21.
- Education of Library Personnel, Colorado Libraries, September 1988. (Guest Editor).
- CLA Human Resources Directory, Colorado Library Association, 1987. (Editor).
- “Information and Library Technician Curriculum for Paraprofessionals,” Colorado Libraries, June 1987.
- Needs Analysis for Designing an Information/Library Technician Curriculum for Pikes Peak Community College, Community and Junior College Libraries, Summer 1986.
“CAMILA ALIRE NAMED UNM DEAN OF LIBRARY SERVICES. University of New Mexico” at www.unm.edu/news/Releases/May28alire.htm
"ALA 2010: A First-Ever Advocacy Rally During a Conference" at http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/home/885569-264/ala_2010_a_first-ever_advocacy.html.csp
"Latino Literary Contributions" at http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95725429