Camille Rose Garcia
Camille Rose Garcia (born November 18, 1970) is a Los Angeles-based lowbrow artist. She produces paintings, prints and sculpture in a gothic, "creepy" cartoon style. She cites as influences Walt Disney and Philip K. Dick.
“Garcia’s pretty pictures (lack) specific meaning and specific context…their insistent vagueness, smugness, blanket pronouncements, lack of nuance and grating self-righteousness add up to a static portrait / shallow response to something complex: I get it; things are bad. It's disappointing to find out that the impetus for these works isn't skillful.”
2000 - The Happiest Place on Earth - Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2001 - The Soft Machine - Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2002 - Retreat Syndrome - Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2003 - Operation:Opticon - Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2004 - Ultraviolence Land - Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2005 - Plan B - Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2005 - Dreamtime Escape Plan - Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2006 - Subterranean Death Clash - Jonathan LeVine Gallery
2007 - Doomcave Daydreams -Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2008 - Ambien Somnambulants - Jonathan LeVine Gallery
2009 - Down the Rabbit Hole - Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2010 - The Hydra of Babylon - Merry Karnowsky Gallery
2011 - Sneewittenhen und die Schwarze Lagune - Michael Kohn Gallery
2013 - Down the Rabbit Hole - The Walt Disney Family Museum
2013 - Black Moon - Sloan Fine Arts
2014 - Black Moon NYC - Sloan Fine Arts
- "Camille Rose Garcia at Grand Central Art Center" Exhibition Review in Artweek, December 2005/January 2006, pp. 17–18.
- Marisa Solis, "Army of Darkness: Camille Rose Garcia Fights the Forces of Evil," Juxtapoz #62, March 2006.
- Manuel Bello, 2006 Interview 
- California Births, 1905 - 1995, Camille R. Garcia
- "Camille Rose Garcia Bio". Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "Art Review - Camille Rose Garcia: Tragic Kingdom". Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- Camille Rose Garcia's web site
- Exhibition at the San Jose Museum of Art Review of SJMA Exhibition: