|Studio album by The Calling|
|Released||July 10, 2001|
|Genre||Post-grunge, alternative rock|
|The Calling chronology|
|Singles from Camino Palmero|
Camino Palmero is the debut album by American alternative band The Calling, released on July 10, 2001. It contains their hit single "Wherever You Will Go". The title of the album comes from a Los Angeles street where band members Alex Band and Aaron Kamin first met. Unlike Two, the record has many grunge influences and also has a lot of guitar solos.
Camino Palmero peaked at #36 on Billboard 200 and was certified Gold by RIAA. The album was also certified Gold in Canada in November 2002 after sold more than 50,000 units. The album also did well on several International charts, among others it made #12 in UK, #16 in Italy and topped the charts in Mexico, holding 1× Diamond status plus 3× Platinum. World sales of the album are estimated at approximately 5 million. In Brazil, it has been certified Platinum by ABPD.
All songs written and composed by Alex Band and Aaron Kamin, except "Stigmatized" which was co-written with Eric Bazilian.
|3.||"Wherever You Will Go"||3:28|
|4.||"Could It Be Any Harder"||4:41|
|8.||"Things Don't Always Turn Out That Way"||4:11|
|9.||"Just That Good"||3:54|
|Australian and UK Bonus Track|
|12.||"Wherever You Will Go" (Live)||3:18|
|Japan Bonus Track|
|iTunes Bonus Track|
|12.||"When It All Falls Down"||3:36|
|Australian Album Chart||23|
|Austrian Album Chart||9|
|Danish Album Chart||11|
|European Albums Chart||19|
|French Album Chart||10|
|German Album Chart||8|
|Irish Album Chart||21|
|Italian Album Chart||16|
|Mexico Album Chart||1|
|Netherlands Album Chart||46|
|New Zealand Album Chart||9|
|Norwegian Album Chart||10|
|Swedish Album Chart||11|
|Swiss Album Chart||26|
|UK Album Chart||12|
|U.S. Billboard 200 Album Chart||36|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||50,000^|
|Mexico (AMPROFON)||Diamond + 3x Platinum||950,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Platinum||300,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
- The Calling
- Alex Band - lead vocals
- Aaron Kamin - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Sean Woolstenhulme - guitar, backing vocals
- Billy Mohler - bass guitar
- Nate Wood - drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Ron Fair – Synthesizer, Executive Producer
- Tiago Becker – Assistant Engineer
- Bob Glaub – Bass
- Marc Greene – Engineer
- Robert Hadley – Mastering
- Frank Harkins – Art Direction, Design
- Chris Lord – Mixing
- Stephen Marcussen – Mastering
- Paul Mirkovich – Keyboards
- Zac Rae – Organ
- Satnam Ramgotra – Percussion, Tabla
- Doug Sax – Mastering
- Matt Silva – Mixing
- Marc Tanner – Producer
- David Thoener – Engineer, Mixing
- Nate Wood – Percussion, Drums
- Camino Palmero at AllMusic
- Entertainment Weekly review
- Melodic review
- Plugged In review
- Staff reporter (2002-06-28). "Newsround catch up with The Calling". CBBC Newsround. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
About six years ago Alex and I met. I was dating his sister and we met on a Street called Carmino Parmello which is the title of our record.
- "Gold & Platinum Certification – November 2002". Canadian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "The calling". ABPD (in Portuguese). Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "Brazilian album certifications – The Calling – Camino Palmero" (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Canadian album certifications – The Calling – Camino Palmero". Music Canada. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Italian album certifications – The Calling – Camino Palmero" (in Italian). Federation of the Italian Music Industry. Retrieved 25 July 2012. Select Album e Compilation in the field Sezione. Enter The Calling in the field Filtra. The certification will load automatically
- "Certificaciones – The Calling" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "British album certifications – The Calling – Camino Palmero". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 25 July 2012. Enter Camino Palmero in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Platinum in the field By Award. Click Search
- "American album certifications – The Calling – Camino Palmero". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 25 July 2012. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH