in her role of "Bonnie Blue Butler" in Gone With the Wind (1939)
|Born||Eleanore Cammack King
August 5, 1934
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Died||September 1, 2010
Fort Bragg, California, U.S.
Cause of death
|Holy Cross Cemetery, Culver City|
Eleanore Cammack "Cammie" King (August 5, 1934 – September 1, 2010) was an American former child actress. She is best known for being one of the actresses who portrayed "Bonnie Blue Butler" in Gone with the Wind (1939). She also provided the voice for the doe "Faline" as a fawn in the animated Disney film, Bambi (1942).
Life and career
She was the godchild of Herbert Kalmus, co-founder of Technicolor, and became his stepchild in 1949 when he married her mother, Eleanore King. Cammie King was married twice and had two adopted children. Her father-in-law from her second marriage, Judd Conlon, was a musical arranger for many Disney films including Alice in Wonderland (1951) and Peter Pan (1953).
In the early 2000s, King made a guest appearance as a contestant on the TV game show To Tell the Truth, hosted by John O'Hurley. Upon reflecting on her film career, King once joked, "I peaked at 5." She spent 40 years working as a marketing coordinator for the Fort Bragg-Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce.
King privately published a small book Bonnie Blue Butler: A Gone With the Wind Memoir in 2009, mainly selling copies directly to fans via personal appearances and the internet. King died on September 1, 2010, at her home in Fort Bragg, California, at age 76, from lung cancer.
- 1939: Gone with the Wind — Bonnie Butler
- 1939: Blondie Meets the Boss — Millie (uncredited)
- 1942: Bambi — Young Faline (uncredited)
- Boone, Christine (2010-09-02). "Actress who played Rhett and Scarlett's daughter dies". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2010-09-02. "Conlon, who married twice and had two children, eventually settled north of San Francisco, working as a marketing coordinator for the Fort Bragg-Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce."
- Soares, Andre (2010-09-02). "Cammie King Dies: Played Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh’s Daughter in GONE WITH THE WIND". Alt Film Guide. Retrieved 2010-09-02.
- Cammie King at the Internet Movie Database
- Cammie King at Find a Grave
- Cammie King Conlon obituary
- Obituary: Cammie King Conlon dies at 76; actress played Bonnie Blue Butler in 'Gone With the Wind' - latimes.com
- Interview, biography and photos