|Full name||Natalie Cammile Adams|
September 11, 1991 |
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||143 lb (65 kg)|
|Club||Aggie Swim Club (AGS-TX)|
|College team||Texas A&M University|
Natalie Cammile Adams (born September 11, 1991) is an American college and international swimmer who specializes in butterfly events. She competed in the 200-meter butterfly event at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Adams attends Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, where she swims for the Texas A&M Aggies swimming and diving team in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) competition. In two years of swimming for the Aggies, she has won four Big 12 individual championships in the 200-yard butterfly, 500-yard freestyle, and 400-yard individual medley (twice). At the 2012 NCAA Women's Swimming and Diving Championships, she finished second in the 200-yard butterfly and was recognized as an All-American.
At the 2012 United States Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska, the U.S. qualifying meet for the Olympics, Adams made the U.S. Olympic team for the first time by winning the 200-meter butterfly. Adams also competed in the 400-meter individual medley at the trials, and finished third with a time of 4:38.62. At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, she finished fifth in the finals of the 200-meter butterfly.
- "Texas A&M's Cammile Adams earns trip to Olympics," The Bryan–College Station Eagle (July 1, 2012). Retrieved July 5, 2012).
- "A&M's Adams 'Flies' to Victory; Cal Alum Adrian Punches Ticket". Collegeswimming.com. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials (swimming) – Women's 400 metre individual medley (final)". Omega Timing. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- Results of the final on the BBC Sport website
- Cammile Adams – National Team swimmer bio at USASwimming.org
- Cammile Adams – Texas A&M University athlete profile at AggieAthletics.com